Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Event Gallery: Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion

Re: Event Gallery: Eagle Field Fresno Dragways Reunion

Great shots Jim. That Rat Poison 55 should be the reference for anyone trying to duplicate the gasser look.

Comment

Wow. I wish there were more photos. Was that a B-10 at the field? I grew up on Air Force bases and have never seen one.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I was lucky enough to be there....we were screen printing the T-shirts on site in the old hangar....my Dad was teching cars...rough count...200 or so..... I told Chad and Brian this was gonna be bitchin...and it WAS !!!!.... I never made it outside the hangar the whole day....In one of those pics you can see the fender of our yellow 64 Valiant...The Hairy Canary....my wife was supposed to be making passes that day.....didn't happen...too busy making memories in plastisol ink for the 3000+ spectators....more great things to come this FALL at Eagle Field....BTW....you might recognzie it from Bullrun...and The last Indiana Jones movie.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And the Stewart tank in the pics belongs to my brother....He's a WWII major vehicle collector.....It's getting a 460 ford to replace the flat head Caddy motors......but it's on hold while he's busy working on military vehicles for Transformers III.... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
        The Beatings will continue until MORALE IMPROVES !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
          Great shots Jim. That Rat Poison 55 should be the reference for anyone trying to duplicate the gasser look.
          That car originally belonged to Gary Chambers out of Fresno....it's no repo...it's and original gasser from back in the day....a true survivor....It's now owned and lovingly cared for and preserved by Jay Diedrich from Firebaugh. Gary has been wheel chair bound for years....but he made it out to Eagle Field to re-unite with his old Double Nickel.

Comment

MORE PICS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Well I finally finished getting all the dust out of my lungs, so now its time to post some pictures! [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG] [IMG]...

Comment

Working...
            X