X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crazy Flaming Carnage Video: 18-Wheeler T-Bones Dump Truck

Re: Crazy Flaming Carnage Video: 18-Wheeler T-Bones Dump Truck

DAMN. :o

I can see the side tanks on both trucks going up...that part doesn't surprise me. The part that DOES surprise me is that as it crosses the highway toward the Jersey barriers that the semi didn't collect more vehicles in the side than it did.
    Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Look in the same general location as the impact: there is what appears to be another small (only in comparison to the semi) truck on the shoulder. The larger dump truck appears to drive around the smaller truck on the ramp-side, apparently oblivious to anything coming down the ramp. Good thing, I suppose, that what was coming down the ramp was an 18-wheeler and not a passenger car. Might possibly have been much worse.

Comment

Having driven trucks for expressway construction, I can see exactly what happened. There is a wide area you cannot see in your mirrors when driving at odd angles. With a daycab semi, you can look out the rear window. On that dump truck, the dump body would block his view. Thats no excuse, of course. There should have been flaggers, but contractors like to cheap out on those. If the driver had not driven around the other truck on the shoulder, he likely could have made more of a 90 degree angle and seen the ramp.
        Theres an intersection near me, where two fairly busy roads come together at about a 145 degree angle. Big trucks must swing darn near into oncoming traffic to swing the tractor back to the right, so they can see traffic approaching from the rear. Theres many wrecks there.

Comment

Originally posted by Birdman
          Look in the same general location as the impact: there is what appears to be another small (only in comparison to the semi) truck on the shoulder. The larger dump truck appears to drive around the smaller truck on the ramp-side, apparently oblivious to anything coming down the ramp. Good thing, I suppose, that what was coming down the ramp was an 18-wheeler and not a passenger car. Might possibly have been much worse.
          I saw that too right around :26 point. There is definitely another truck, dump or box, sitting either on the shoulder or in the right lane. Dump truck swerves to miss him onto the on ramp right in the path of the semi. That third guy must've got the shock of his life with the explosion and collision directly in front of him.
          BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

it looks staged.. why is there a car/truck on the other side stopped with lights on before it happened..

Comment

Working...
            X