Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Danica Patrick Blasts Indy Team, Fans Blast Back

I didn't get to watch the race, I've been busy with side work,
    crewing for the bro-in-laws band, and everything else.

Pardon me...

Comment

Originally posted by Not A Duster
      Originally posted by BluLightning
      Why does it have to be about hating her because she's a woman and should be barefoot and pregnant?
      Because that's the prevailing attitude among many of the neanderthals around here.

Face it, it was a dick move. If my boss ever did that to me, I sure wouldn't be motivated to do anything that made him look better. Have a little class and keep it behind closed doors.
      No - what we need to face is that the touchy feeley politically correct bullshit of the past two decades is a big part of why we are in the mess we are in. Things need to change - do a half-assed job, expect to be hauled out and held accountable for it . And the more public it is, the less likely the same half-assed work will happen again.

As far as motivation is concerned, that's what your paycheck is for....doing your job to earn it is your responsibility. Fall short of what's expected of you to earn that paycheck, the consequences should be dire.

Appears to me, she just put her crew on notice - as public as it was, there should be no confusion over what the next step will be if they don't do their jobs.

Oh I don't know. She sure seemed a lot more contrite after the race in her comments. It's all about respect.
      I R Bob
      You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
      2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

She was right to do what she did... after all, it's her life on the line. Proof is: she started 16th and ended 5th.... seems like her motivational speech worked.

As for the concept that employees don't publically humiliate their bosses - employees complain about their bosses on a constant basis - some of which go to court where it's about as public as you can get. Even the ones that don't go to court - here's the formula - boss gets one free fire; the 2nd one is scrutinized... the third time, they generally replace the boss. When the employee goes to court and wins, the boss does change (or there's a change in boss).

Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

It's all about respect.
          It sure is.

When I hire professionals to do a job, they earn my respect only once they have shown me that they measure up to the tasks & responsibilities I assign them.

If they don't don't - typically they see a couple ass-chewings before they are shown the door. If my safety and those of the other members of my crew are compromised, they won't make it past one ass-chewing, and I will make damn sure that everyone within earshot knows that they are lame and dangerous .

That said, do the job properly, on time and on or below budget and you share in the rewards of a job well done - I always share the wealth and/or credit with those who deliver the goods. And you know what? I never have a problem filling my crews, because nobody wants to work with lame co-workers that drag the whole crew down.

"Respect" is just another word that has been overused and twisted by the PC psychobabble crowd. There are many people I have true respect for, but lazy lame people who can't/won't/don't do the job are not among them.

I'm glad to see that there are finally starting to be others who demand the best from their people - perhaps there is hope for us yet.

Comment

And none of this has any bearing on the fact that if it was one of the male drivers who tore his crew a new asshole, no-body would be nearly as outraged over it....probably wouldn't have even rated a blog posting on the front page....

Comment

Proof of the deal is in the result... maybe it was the media catching a frustrated driver and sticking a mic in her face at the exact right time???

Put up or shut up.... she did just fine....

Comment

Originally posted by KeithTurk
                Proof of the deal is in the result... maybe it was the media catching a frustrated driver and sticking a mic in her face at the exact right time???

Put up or shut up.... she did just fine....
                hmmm.

What if you got to Bonneville and the HR Camaro's engine ran crappy - would your first chance at an open microphone have you bashing Freiburger for supplying a poor running engine? Hell no! And if you did - would every one think poorly of you for saying it? Hell Yes!

The "overly PC" thing that Not A Duster is implying here, goes both ways. In this case, a long way in the other direction. If her intention was to get her team (who do not work for her, another point that some in this thread do not understand) to get the car running properly - then her job was to be with the car, with the team, working on the problem - not grandstanding the first chance she had to get in front of a mic/camera. I bet you that there were other drivers with car issues, and I sure didn't hear/see any of them talking about it like the almighty Danica :
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

top 5 - STFU

Comment

Yeah, everyone has a snit when she is nasty about her crew and the car they gave her. No one said diddly about Kevin Harvick firing his entire pit crew over the radio right after the race ended.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The way I figure it, this thread is running about 50% for her rant, and 50% against her rant.
                      No clear victor here.
                      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

She finished 5th this year in a car that didn't handle worth a damn - and she was pissed about it. Wouldn't you be, driving a car at 200+ mph and struggling to keep it on the track and not kill you? I wonder how many people who criticize her ever drove a race car - not a drag car, a roundy-round car. So she mentioned the car didn't handle worth a damn. BFD.

Last year I think she finished 3rd, if I remember correctly, and she has had 5 top 10 finishes since she started at Indy. That's pretty damned impressive in my book.

Plus... she's HOT! ;D

Comment

Her official position was 6th place. There was a video review that shows some passes were made after a yellow came out.

But she stated publicly her comment wasn't made to bash her team. She was trying to state the car wasn't right and she did all she could do to get the speed. She said the entire team knew that before she made the comment.
                          I say big frickin deal. :

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                            Yeah, everyone has a snit when she is nasty about her crew and the car they gave her. No one said diddly about Kevin Harvick firing his entire pit crew over the radio right after the race ended.
                            yup and the next week called them slow ####'n idiots over the radio. and ya know what, the next pit stop. he gained 6 spots, because of a fast stop..
                            sometimes ya gotta tell it like it is..

Comment

harvick sometimes does not have enough car under him
                              when he does ...look out

Comment

Working...
                              X