Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cool Old Drag Video: Ron Colson and Gary Burgin in the Funny Car Finals at US131 Dragway Circa 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Old Drag Video: Ron Colson and Gary Burgin in the Funny Car Finals at US131 Dragway Circa 1980

Re: Cool Old Drag Video: Ron Colson and Gary Burgin in the Funny Car Finals at US131 Dragway Circa 1

Holy shit...I was there crewing for Neil Mahr's fuel dragster. Saw Ron Colson at Cordova in 2006 doing Dragweek. We were talking about that race. I'm feeling old.

Thanks for sharing that clip.
    joe

Comment

Re: Cool Old Drag Video: Ron Colson and Gary Burgin in the Funny Car Finals at US131 Dragway Circa 1

Joe, that rules!

(How did you guys run?)
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

That was soooo long ago. I think we ran a 5.94 and a couple of 6.0's. Got beat second round but can't remember who we raced. Helped him when I could...a job got in the way. Buying a house in 1980 started the end of being a racing gypsy...I hated becoming an adult!!! By '86, I was having withdraws so I built a rear engined dragster and ran Super Comp until 1996 when I discovered Land Speed Racing at Maxton. Another story!!!
        Thanks for all the films,
        joe

Comment

Working...
        X