Unintetional Stunt Jump Video: A Drunk Driver Launches Her Car in Dallas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unintetional Stunt Jump Video: A Drunk Driver Launches Her Car in Dallas

Re: Unintetional Stunt Jump Video: A Drunk Driver Launches Her Car in Dallas

Wow! What a story!

I like this video of the jump better!

Ron
    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I just heard about this at our morning safety meeting :o Can't watch the video here at work, but I'll be checking it out when I get home.
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

When she told cops she'd only had "one cranberry and vodka last night," did she mean one whole bottle of each?

Crazy video - I can only imagine what it must have looked like inside the toll booth!

Comment

Same thing happened a couple years ago on a Kansas turnpike - killed the lady taking the money.
          Driver walked away.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Last time I was working in the Dallas area I left the office after a tiring 14 hour day heading to the hotel. I missed my exit so was getting off on the next one in an unfamiliar area. As I crested the hill of exit at speed I see oncoming headlights! I slammed on the rentals brakes and cut right. The idiot coming at me cut left directly in my path. Luckily we both stopped in time and I just sat there letting the 'life flashback' stop in my head. I waited for them to realize they were going the wrong way and turn around, instead they went around me and continued up the off ramp!!! I was questioning myself as to whether I took the wrong ramp but when I went under the overpass, I saw the on ramp that they had ignored.

As I'm telling the local guys about my experience the next morning they say it has become a real problem with drunk drivers in the area. Not sure how true this is but they also said that the area is looking at putting a warning system in that sees people going up the off ramps the wrong way...not to warn people doing it or potential exiting there but for rescue services to be prepared. I feel for law enforcement and rescue folks who have to deal with the results of these idiots.

Scared the crap outta me.
            Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

This story gives me more questions then answers. At its face it sounds plausible, however some things pop out and make me wonder.

how fast do you think she was going to leave 123' skid marks and still launch like that? most cars can stop from 60 mph in 123 feet.... also, where's the ABS?

I do wonder what the BAC was. When the report doesn't say the result, I start to get interested... then it doesn't say the required "smelled of alcohol" I'm now concerned.... nor does it have any observation of weaving or inability to stand.... now I wonder at exactly what happened.... point is, the headline could be misleading or even false - she's not a drunk driver or impaired driver until the Court says so. I see a plead (or even initial charge) to a reckless or careless driving....

Finally, she should be convicted because she failed the most best test - didn't she know the appropriate answer to a cop's question how much she had to drink is always "two beers?" ;D
              Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

it was all over the news here last night, she said she was rear ended causing that to happen, but theres no damage to the rear of the car, at the end of the report they said she was arrested on suspesion of dwi
                Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Just'a good ol' boys
                  Never meanin' no harm.
                  Beats all you never saw
                  Been in trouble with the law
                  Since the day they was born

Staightnin' the curves
                  Flatnin the hills
                  Someday the mountain might get 'em
                  But the law never will

Makin' their way
                  The only way they know how
                  That's just a little bit more