Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memphis Motorsports Park on Sale for $6-Million

Re: Memphis Motorsports Park on Sale for $6-Million

civilian version of loring air force runway...

except dumber.

a bunch of folks together could turn it around?
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

seems like 6 million for all that is a steal, the tracks and the acreage, couldnt built it and buy the land at that price now days and have it fairly close to a major city
      Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

The area is an economic disaster, the NHRA race was normally the smallest one on the tour and probably wouldn't be coming back as the added strain of another event on the teams may not be the best idea right now.

It's a "steal" for a reason.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

ahhhh - ok, its been years since ive been to memphis, funny thing, my parents are there on vacation right now LOL
          Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Look at this...as I was checking up on Reno/Fernley Raceway for another post, turns out it's for sale.

I first drove thru Fernley NV in 1980, travelling cross-country with my girlfreind at age 20. Only 40 mi east of Reno but looked like it was truly in the middle-of-nowhere. We were hungry and there was one open restaurant in town. Since then it has grown quite a bit, with some decent industry moving in. When I next visited a couple of years ago, I was amazed at the huge blocks of new "townhomes" and all the other development.

So the race track is pretty cool but really the town is still in the harsh Nevada desert and, uh, have you ever heard of it?

38+ million dollars. And so-called "highest use" is still a racetrack so it's not really good for anything else...at least, there's plenty of other land around for Home Depots etc.

Go figure. Wonder what (if?) they'll actually get for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              The area is an economic disaster, the NHRA race was normally the smallest one on the tour and probably wouldn't be coming back as the added strain of another event on the teams may not be the best idea right now.

It's a "steal" for a reason.

Brian
              I'm thinking it would be a fantastic place to race drag boats. Doubt me? Have you ever been to Memphis Motorsports Park in the rain?

Seriously though, Memphis is one of my favorite facilities for racing, but man alive... you better nail everything in your trailer and then double padlock the doors. Several of my buddies who still race with NMCA swore they would never race at Mepmhis again after getting a ton of stuff jacked from that track... Including an entire car.

Ron
              It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

I see condo's..

Comment

I've made no secret of the fact that I was offered the job to become the drag strip manager in 2007 at MMP. Obviously I didn't take the job. I mention that because of the condo idea. Real estate is beyond cheap there. We were scoping out massive houses that were hovering right around 100k for new construction.

I don't think the condo deal will fly because they'd never be able to sell them. It's not a good scene down there.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    I've made no secret of the fact that I was offered the job to become the drag strip manager in 2007 at MMP. Obviously I didn't take the job. I mention that because of the condo idea. Real estate is beyond cheap there. We were scoping out massive houses that were hovering right around 100k for new construction.

I don't think the condo deal will fly because they'd never be able to sell them. It's not a good scene down there.
                    I agree with you, Brian. If the track was located closer to Germantown or Cordova, they would level it and throw condos up pronto, but in Millington? Yeah.... better find something better to do with the property. Like a racetrack.

Ron
                    It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Working...
                    X