Vintage Drag Video: Ohio's Thompson Drag Raceway in the 1960s and 1970's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Drag Video: Ohio's Thompson Drag Raceway in the 1960s and 1970's

Re: Vintage Drag Video: Ohio's Thompson Drag Raceway in the 1960s and 1970's

Awesome.

I particularly liked the tow rig setup in the opening scene.

Keep 'em coming!

Of all the paths you take in life - make sure a few of them are dirt.

Comment

Thanks for the great vid. It just proves once again that I was born to late.

Comment

So when can I expect to see you at Thompson again Bruab?

Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Man, I'd be there TODAY if I could!

GREAT little strip.

Aaron Polburn who runs the IHRA started his career in the time slip booth at Thompson and later managed the place.

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I live about 15 minutes away from Thompson Drag Raceway, it's a great track!
            My friend lives 5 minutes away from it & you can hear the cars loud & clear from his house. :D

Comment

Originally posted by tardis454
              I live about 15 minutes away from Thompson Drag Raceway, it's a great track!
              My friend lives 5 minutes away from it & you can hear the cars loud & clear from his house.  :D
              WOW! It takes me 15 minute if i catch the 3 lights, between me and the track, red!

tardis you cannot be to far from me.
              Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Great old video. (Or maybe I should say movie?) I especially loved the high setting Tempest, Falcon and that way cool Jeepster. Waiting for more......

Comment

There's another WINNAH! (Boston speak) coming this afternoon.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                  X