Guerilla Power Tour Coverage: Rain, Heat, Traffic and that (expletive) GPS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guerilla Power Tour Coverage: Rain, Heat, Traffic and that (expletive) GPS

Re: Guerilla Power Tour Coverage: Rain, Heat, Traffic and that (expletive) GPS

Mike, if I was driving your car on the autocross; I'd have the top up and the AC on in that heat. Chad likes to give guff to guys on the autocross to keep them from getting too cocky. It's all in good fun.
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Trust me Scott, I thought about it but I didn't think they'd appreciate all the condensation/water pouring out of the a/c unit on the starting line.

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
        Trust me Scott, I thought about it but I didn't think they'd appreciate all the condensation/water pouring out of the a/c unit on the starting line.
        I doubt it would be on the black top more than a few seconds in the sun and heat.

AC question with convert. Does it work well to keep you comfy on really hot days?

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
          I doubt it would be on the black top more than a few seconds in the sun and heat.

AC question with convert. Does it work well to keep you comfy on really hot days?
          The humid heat in the South East will leave the condensation on the ground for quite a bit longer than in southern california ;)

When I had the A/C working on the Centurion (and drove it to the south east in the middle of August), it worked decently for the front seat, but when the vents aren't pointing at you, it warmed up pretty quick. Poured condensation like crazy too with the humidity.
          Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

We have lakes under our company cars after 20 minutes of idling. Even more after an hour.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

The car has aftermarket a/c now and no, it did not keep me comfy but better than no a/c. I think the heat from the engine bay combined with the heat outside was just too much for it. I even have dyna mat on the floors and firewall but I can still feel the heat coming in.

Comment

Originally posted by msc66
                The car has aftermarket a/c now and no, it did not keep me comfy but better than no a/c. I think the heat from the engine bay combined with the heat outside was just too much for it. I even have dyna mat on the floors and firewall but I can still feel the heat coming in.
                Don't feel bad. My friends 76 Eldo is all black and the AC barely keeps up here in no humidity SoCal. I can feel the heat coming off the black top on the top of my head when I drive it.

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X