Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BangShift.com Approved: Nitromethane on a Budget With a Carb and Stock Heads!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BangShift.com Approved: Nitromethane on a Budget With a Carb and Stock Heads!

Re: BangShift.com Approved: Nitromethane on a Budget With a Carb and Stock Heads!

total death trap - love it!

Comment

Re: BangShift.com Approved: Nitromethane on a Budget With a Carb and Stock Heads!

Originally posted by chevy3100
      total death trap - love it!
      x2!
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

bad ASS!

We require video of this thing in action. Nitro through a carb?? COOL!
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
          bad ASS!

We require video of this thing in action. Nitro through a carb?? COOL!
          BURNOUT VIDEO.......up at Heritage Harley.....virgin asphault wouldn't stick front tire......we "cheated" and used their concrete burnout area !!!!!!!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vq5YXUWFbFA
          Other NITROCYCLES videos..........
          http://www.youtube.com/user/NITROCYCLES

Comment

The video is badass! I am impressed at how well sorted the tune seems on that engine. It sounds like it wants to rev 2x as fast...

Is that your bike? thanks for posting!
            www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

That's Chuck!

(100% BangShift Approved)

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Scott, the tune seems unbelievable.

I love it!
                www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

When he fired it up in the pits and whacked the throttle a few times it was freaking amazing how responsive it was!
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

that is awesome! I've never wanted a HD so much in my life until now, wow!

Comment

Those are awesome...I think it was a Topeka where I stayed up on the starting line to watch a session. It was pretty cool watching them start them up. The riders are off the bike while they got it going. I remember one guy dancing up and down like a prize fighter, slaping himself on the helmet. I can't imagine the adrinelin that must be flowing before you hop on one ofthose things.
                      A carb can be very responsive on nitro, especially on a smaller engine. The limits on a carb is in fuel flow, but on the positive side you don't have to worry about pump speed.
                      I have a friend that has been helping out a guy that has one and he set it up like a mini-a/fueler...a small 12 gallon pump, a BDK and a Leahy box, it works quite well.
                      That bike is totaly cool!
                      Originally posted by TC
                      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                        The video is badass! I am impressed at how well sorted the tune seems on that engine. It sounds like it wants to rev 2x as fast...

Is that your bike? thanks for posting!
                        NITRO anything is pretty amazing.....usually direct drive...slipper clutch....and launches at a dead idle.
                        Modern ProDrag (carbed) Nitro bikes run 120 cubic inches and turn 5500 to 5800 or so rpms thru the traps at 185+mph...
                        Top Fuel Harleys turn little over 5000 rpm and are running in the high 230's........
                        My ironhead is a little like a cast iron fuel hemi.....runs the yellow stuff but you can't push it too hard or it will bite back !!
                        Makes about 250hp ....... is 3.5" bore X 5" stroke....96 cubes....should run 160mph plus in the 8.30 to 8.50 range with my "large-ish" frame on it.....leaving at idle..... and turning 5000rpm thru traps.
                        Had a Harley guy say "big deal....my bagger is 96 inches".......
                        OK...take your bagger....put it in high gear.....and then from idle drop the clutch and twist it wide open....let me know what happens.....JACKASS

Comment

Thanks Chuck - that is very cool of you to explain to us how it works. I am totally impressed!! Welcome to Bangshift.com!

Comment

A little hollywood and corney but cool..........
                            http://www.spike.com/full-episode/nitro-bike/32298
                            Important part is Steve and Tony Ruggerio used to own the blue ironhead.......now they run Top Fuel.....hopefully it works the same for me.....plus the Ruggerio's were NH residents before going westcoast.....

More youtube of the ironhead running.....
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/NITROCYCLES

Comment

I had the good fortune to watch an engine dyno session of a Booneville vintage V8 engine on 80% Nitro. Oh My God!! First time I'd ever been that close to a nitro motor. I'm hooked on this stuff now. I absolutely could not believe how the engine changed when they went from propane at the start to the nitro.

Anyone driving a nitro bike has titanium balls.

Comment

Working...
                              X