Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vintage Drag Video: The Day a Turbo V6 Pro Stocker (almost) Slayed the Mountain Motor Field

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vintage Drag Video: The Day a Turbo V6 Pro Stocker (almost) Slayed the Mountain Motor Field

Re: Vintage Drag Video: The Day a Turbo V6 Pro Stocker (almost) Slayed the Mountain Motor Field

That is a great watch!

You can tell the turbo guys were just hitting their tune as the night went on. One question: Why was that footage 100000x better to watch on TV than pretty much ALL televised motorsports today? (other than Bret Kepner being The Man, of course)
    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Re: Vintage Drag Video: The Day a Turbo V6 Pro Stocker (almost) Slayed the Mountain Motor Field

I agree the coverage back then was much better. Maybe cause they let the Racing be the Show, not part of the a show.
      Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Wonder ware that Regal is now, I think the chassis started out as WJ's Hurst olds.

Comment

That might account for the Olds Cutlass quarter panels!!

cheers
          Ed N.
          Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
          07 Mustang GT with some stuff
          88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Re: Vintage Drag Video: The Day a Turbo V6 Pro Stocker (almost) Slayed the Mount

Buddy still shows up at some of the Buick national events though not with the car. I have no clue what happened to that. I was talking about this very story with some folks in bowling green this year. We all agreed that nhra pretty much sucks now and the 1000 foot race is just the last straw. IMO thus story just illustrates it's not about the fan and innovation.
            Powertour off/on since 2002
            sigpic

Comment

last I saw ingersoll he was working with troy humphrey

turbos don't fit pro stock , they need to be in comp

Comment

What a different environment we'd be racing in if the reigning Pro Stock powers hadn't whined this car out of competition.

At the same time, the refusal to accept new technology by the NHRA, and IHRA have relegated them to the eventual dust heap of history. ADRL NMCA etc are the way, embracing technological innovation brings full houses and spectator interest.

Comment

the bodies are hi tech , therefore they suck , the racing is close , the expenses are through the roof , and if you boost the 500ci motor , the cars will go into orbit

t
                  NHRA ticket prices are too high
                  pro stock is carbs and gasoline
                  I think the spectators now are getting into participation , more than just spectating

NMCA -ARDL etc are growing

Comment

Bruce Allen was a big part of that program before He went to Reher and Morrison ,I believe He was a machinist for McClaren on the turbo program. It made Me go buy a grand national and stick untold dollars into it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                    X