Report: GM Considers Dusting off the Formerly Abandoned 4.5L Mini Duramax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Report: GM Considers Dusting off the Formerly Abandoned 4.5L Mini Duramax

Re: Report: GM Considers Dusting off the Formerly Abandoned 4.5L Mini Duramax

Why wouldnt you !!? Put it in a huge sedan too so we can drive nice size cars as well !! No brainer I would think.

Comment

Ford and Dodge both had one as well, but shelved theirs too. ???
      Life is short. Be a do'er and not a shoulda done'er.
      1969 Galaxie 500 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...ild-it-s-alive
      1998 Mustang GT https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...60-and-a-turbo
      1983 Mustang GT 545/552/302/Turbo302/552 http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...485-bbr-s-83gt
      1973 F-250 BBF Turbo Truck http://www.bangshift.com/forum/forum...uck-conversion
      1986 Ford Ranger EFI 545/C6 https://bangshift.com/forum/forum/ba...tooth-and-nail

Comment

I hope chevy brings this out, the swap and hotrodding potential are huge.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Reserve one for me, please. I'll be due for a new truck in a few years.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

They better not be teasing us again. I was genuinely pissed off when the announcement of its cancellation was made. >

Good Lord, I want one baaaaaaaaaaaad. I would like to stuff one in a '70-'72 GM A/G body or a '78-'88 A/G body. :o

Comment

Originally posted by antmnte
              Why wouldnt you !!? Put it in a huge sedan too so we can drive nice size cars as well !! No brainer I would think.
              Aside from powering the colonnade-styled cars(Nice Monte, BTW), this could ressurect quite a few of the Olds 98 diesel abominations.

Big, comfy cars they were(sucky build quality, but not gonna get into that here)...with that kinda stump-pulling torque, who the hell needs a truck to tow the boat to the lake?

Comment

I wonder how much it weighs?

Comment

diesel stinks

I don't think cali will let many more diesels out there

Comment

[quote=SpiderGearsMan ]
                    diesel stinks

Diesels don't have to stink. Keep an open mind. Small diesels are ok.
                    I live in Monaco Europe and most diesels in Europe now have special exhaust filters fitted which are so clean you can stand behind them on start up and theres no smoke or smell whatsoever. They don't even clatter like they used to.
                    My runaround car is a Mercedes A-class with a 2 litre turbodiesel auto. I have driven 1200 miles in it without getting a sore arse, it does 120mph no problem, good acceleration, all the toys on it and thrashing the nads off it I still get 45 to 48 mpg. At europrices for fuel (gas and diesel is 5.50 euros per gallon, we have to consider this type of car.
                    By all means keep a hobby car with a big V8 in it, but if fuel prices in USA rise up, it's worth considering a diesel as a runaround.

Comment

well as seen as , all the money on engineering it was already spent..
                      why not.. and then drop it in the s-10 (or whatever it is/will be called by then)
                      and have the biggest tow rating on a small lite.. truck.. that is liveable in city life..

Comment

I was surprised when it backshelfed.

the 4.5 could do what the 5.7 cars are.. in a car. it could go alot of places..
                        they do not think RWD anymore, but ... imagine how many would have hung onto the bigger actual four passenger car with this engine. I bet a guru hits the big 40mpg with it...
                        slap the sideways ricer int o the midget abyss forever.

now a benz crank gas v8 at 3.6 liters... anytime now. ;D

I just read, coinicdentally of a guy studying a fleet of 6 liter diesel... all of them around 10mpg. makes no sense what so ever...
                        the 4.5 is needed. I be the little tow truck company local would even run it...
                        Previously boxer3main
                        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

put the 4.5 oilburner in the new rear drive cop car..
                          as they are used none stop and thats what those engine do best..

Comment

[quote=consulcapri ]
                            Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            diesel stinks

Diesels don't have to stink. Keep an open mind. Small diesels are ok.
                            I live in Monaco Europe and most diesels in Europe now have special exhaust filters fitted which are so clean you can stand behind them on start up and theres no smoke or smell whatsoever. They don't even clatter like they used to.
                            My runaround car is a Mercedes A-class with a 2 litre turbodiesel auto. I have driven 1200 miles in it without getting a sore arse, it does 120mph no problem, good acceleration, all the toys on it and thrashing the nads off it I still get 45 to 48 mpg. At europrices for fuel (gas and diesel is 5.50 euros per gallon, we have to consider this type of car.
                            By all means keep a hobby car with a big V8 in it, but if fuel prices in USA rise up, it's worth considering a diesel as a runaround.
                            we have dpl filters and urea too

still stink
                            still totally suck to work on
                            too much enviro-stalinists here in the USA
                            and you will neversee offshore drilling in these parts again
                            8 dollar a gallon gas around the corner and no more diesels , not even if they are deep fried and dipped in chocolate
                            cali is trying to shut down non dpl diesels now
                            here in sucka jersey , port o newark will ban non dpl diesels starting next year

Comment

Working...
                            X