X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video: Saturday's Cackle Fest at the 2010 National Hot Rod Reunion

Re: Video: Saturday's Cackle Fest at the 2010 National Hot Rod Reunion

nice.
    watched bang shift's version of last years too.. great stuff.

the hd does it. ;D
    Previously boxer3main
    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Great video, spectacular quality shots too.
      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Well I'm grinning this am. Chad asks Big if it still gives him a boner. lmao. Good to see large father still out, be it with
        his new challenger, cacklefest, or whatever. You guys rock!

Comment

I don't know how they have the restraint to keep from doing a burnout and at least a half-pass. The temptation must be overwhelming!

Nice job, Chad - just like a REAL journalist.

Dan

Comment

GREAT VIDEO!
            Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Chad rules. Big Daddy still has a good sense of humor too!
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Dammit, someone rent a track and let ?em run all out.
                It is akin to castration. >

Comment

Unless the track operator is self insured or has a hankerin' to lose his sanction and insurance, you'll never see another "old" slingshot make a full pull. They can run 1/8 mile, but unless they have a modern drivers' area cage instead of the old 3-pointer, cackling it is.

Another point to ponder.

You have to rember that all the cars you are seeing in the Cackle deal are running factory Iron blocks. Hemis, big block Chevys, even small blocks. These aren't billet or forged aluminum jobs and are fragile as a mother. One of the cars actually broke a rod in half cackling and proceeded to launch the breathers out of the valve covers. One shot more than 20 feet into the air and crashed down onto the track. Chad picked it up and delivered it to the team after the action. The other launched either into or over the crowd.

If that kind of stuff happens while sitting still without any load on the motor, having one shatter like glass at 150-200mph would be REAL bad.

Brian
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Good stuff!

Comment

Great video. I agree the HD makes it great. Watching it on my 23 inch Samsung HD monitor on the 720 setting and crank up the surround sound and I got a woody. ;D

Comment

wonderfull sounds , esp big daddy who i last saw in a front engine car making the fatefull run at island dragway in great meadows new jersey. then helped get him out of the car.

Comment

Thanks for posting the Cackle Fest video.. Missed it this year but enjoyed two days at the Hot Rod Reunion.

Comment

The only thing I miss about the good old days is the good chance of getting killed. Thanks for the safety equipment and the rules
                            duke

Comment

Originally posted by easyduke50
                              The only thing I miss about the good old days is the good chance of getting killed. Thanks for the safety equipment and the rules
                              duke
                              Sicko............... ???

Comment

Working...
                              X