Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Epic Win: The Story Behind the Greatest Racing Upset in American Motorsports History

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Epic Win: The Story Behind the Greatest Racing Upset in American Motorsports History

Re: Epic Win: The Story Behind the Greatest Racing Upset in American Motorsports History

Read and heard the story before (but it was shorter and easier to understand than the mess posted above).
    Once won a years subscription to AutoWeek for identifying a picture of Rodger Ward driving the midget past the pits taken at this race.

(and before you ask, yes - I've been published over 100 times, so I know what good writing is, and isn't)
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Epic Win: The Story Behind the Greatest Racing Upset in American Motorsports History

Someone has sand............... ;D

Comment

I love the fact that he won, not because he was an underdog..butg eat becasue he made the douche bag Kreisler look like a dumb ass.

Great story man, I really enjoyed it
        If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

I liked the winner, 'cause he's a Kansas boy.

Comment

Originally posted by ksj1
            Someone has sand............... ;D
            I was thinking the same thing.

Ron
            It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

Originally posted by studemax

I've been published over 100 times
              That and about a dollar will get you a supersized meal :.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

That and about a dollar will get you a supersized meal :.
                Tis true.
                At least I got paid back then to do it.

Comment

interesting story, but it does kind of read like a book report....
                  Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

Thanks for the story, although I've heard/read references to that race I never got the full picture. Interesting stuff.

Comment

What a coincidence ... I was going through a bunch of old magazines, and the departed Sports Car International had a story on this in 1989. I don't recall reading it when I first had the mag, and there were a few good photos as well.

cheers
                      Ed N.
                      Ed Nicholson - Caledon Ontario - a bit NW of Toronto
                      07 Mustang GT with some stuff
                      88 T-Bird Turbo Coupe 5-speed

Comment

Working...
                      X