Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Goner: Ford Officially Announces Death of Crown Vic/Town Car Next Year

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    Rare but even cooler are the 2-door late 1980's versions.
    never seen a 2 door c/v or grand mark
    but have had 2 caprice 2 doors
    one a '78 and one 85

Comment

I'd love to Pro Street-atize one of these

That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

I personally want to do a Death Race-style version.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

did they kill it after they made the 2 door ltd2

Comment

a friend of mine in high school had a 2 door model, even had it thru college and thru his first job or two after college, I saw it bout once a week rolling thru town til about 10 years ago, by that time it was lowered, 17'' aftermarket wheels, custom blue drip paint job over the factory beige, and took out the back seat for a HUGE speaker box
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

my friend's 2 door Crown Victoria

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
                my friend's 2 door Crown Victoria

There's a 4 door hardtop version of that car is sitting at our office. Boss's toy. He's ready to sell it.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

They are really shooting themselves in the foot doing this. I cant imagine in the NYC area how many Town Car and CV they must sell, every other car in Manhattan is one of them, plus all the Seniors that drive Grand Marquis down to Florida from here as well. The 24 hr repair shops in The Bronx and Queens are gonna be pissed because it was easy for those guys to make a living fixing all those cabs/Limo's. By the way the Grand Marq is a fine car to rent or for a long road trip,nice big wide seats.

Comment

I've had my 2002 Crown Vic Police Interceptor for just 2 months now. I absolutely love the car... especially since this is my first time riding in the front seats of one of these, Brian ;)

I'm not quite sure why Ford decided to kill the product line, besides the Charger it's the only RWD full size fleet car. As Reb pointed out, the Crown Vics and Town Cars are wicked roomy not to mention reliable and solidly built vehicles.

I especially like the options that are were [ :'( ] available on the fleet vehicles. To me, the options list reads like the those of back in the muscle car heyday: rubber floormats (carpet delete), soundproofing delete, radio delete, console delete, 3.27 or 3.55 Trak-Loc diffs, etc. plus badass stuff like bulletproof doors :o . Standard equipment includes heavy duty trans w/ cooler, oil cooler, heavy duty steering w/ cooler, heavy duty suspension, 4 wheel disc brakes and an aluminum driveshaft.

It's a real shame to see it go, later on I wouldn't mind owning one of the the 2011 CVPI's. I think the CV and TC have served society well in all their appointed duties, RIP ol' buddy!

Comment

Working...
                    X