X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Weekend For Danica Patrick in New Hampshire

Re: Bad Weekend For Danica Patrick in New Hampshire

UP at N.H.M.S.

MORGAN SHEPARD broke loose and turned Patrick..
    She said pre race that she hoped for a top 20-25 finish and to keep all the four corners of the car on it..
    She needs seat time.. and she drove a smart race..
    getting seat time needed to get the "feel" of what these cars want..
    SHEPARD shouldn't have been in a ride..
    if Patricks car wasn't there.he'd have wrecked in the first 10 laps

in other news the Robby Gordon #7 was driven by Bobby Labontie.. and did ok for what he had under him..
    buddy baker thought it was going to be a start and part ride..
    but they ran it till the last lap

Comment

If I want to hear about Danica I'll tune in to ESPN or read a million other sites that go on and on about her..

Lets keep her and all of NASCAR off of this beloved site.

Please.

Comment

She wasn't the only one to have a bad stay at New Hampshire. Jeff Burton's race ended badly after such a promising run.
        BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

"Danica Patrick's day took a bad turn when Morgan Shepherd got into her on Lap 7 at New Hampshire."

Morgan Shepherd, on the other hand, had the best day a 68-year-old could ask for... :D

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz LOL
            Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Originally posted by mcanni
              If I want to hear about Danica I'll tune in to ESPN or read a million other sites that go on and on about her..

Please.
              then why you bother reading this thread,, that was your choice ;) ;D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                "Danica Patrick's day took a bad turn when Morgan Shepherd got into her on Lap 7 at New Hampshire."

Morgan Shepherd, on the other hand, had the best day a 68-year-old could ask for... :D

hahahahahahahahahahahahah

Spit my coffee on the key board.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver
                  She wasn't the only one to have a bad stay at New Hampshire. Jeff Burton's race ended badly after such a promising run.
                  yes,, he was a sitting duck. after the rest pitted..
                  price you pay when your the leader.. if he pitted and no one came in.. he'd never get passed the 18 cars on the lead lap to get the win..
                  montoya in the wall the place went nuts.. he's not well liked up there

Comment

She is known for throwing her team under the bus. Remember Indy? I've said it before and it bears repeating: There is no "I" in team, but there is in bitch. Shut up and drive the car. If you don't think you can hack it stay in open wheel. NASCAR is looking for anything right now to fill some of those empty seats. What few times I caught the race flipping thru channels the attendance looked like a Nationwide race. I guess since Dale Jr turned out to be average NASCAR needs something to bring those fans back. I don't like women commentators in the NFL either, thought I would just throw that out there, lol.

Comment

playing devil's advocate... she WAS wrecked by a 120 year old bible-thumper only a handful of laps into the race. Entirely his fault, she did NOT "come down on him."

The car was repaired and it was surprising she didn't go MORE laps down. And her lap times WERE getting way better toward the end of the race.

I will point out that Dario Franchitti was also in "top equipment" when he tried to switch from Indycar, and ran like crap. As JPM rightly points out, it takes about 3 FULL seasons to get a hang of these cars after racing open wheel most of your life (unless you're Tony Stewart, who can drive anything immediately.) Going from a car with 650 horsepower, a bazillion pounds of downforce, and massively wide sticky tires, to 3600 lb full-bodied, no-downforce, 9" tires that are destroyed after 5 laps, with 950 horsepower (sorry, Nationwide, 750 hp) does not happen overnight.

Danica isn't helping that by running a handful of races in a year, with no practice. I agree she should stick with one or the other, but I still think she is TREATING this season as "practice for a full-time effort in the future," and people are expecting WAY too much of her.

The only difference between this situation and Dario's foray into NASCAR is that Dario wasn't shown on camera sucking. And that's very, very annoying.

As far as throwing her team under the bus, did YOU see how evil that car was to drive in qualifying? In fact, all the Andretti cars? The cars were junk, and those drivers were trying to push junk around a squareoval at over 220 mph, so yeah, if I'm jumped out after being that close to death, I might blame the setup too.

She then went out and finished in the top 5 (before a protest dropped her to 6th) and thanked her crew profusely. Then went out the next week, leading laps and almost winning Texas before finishing 2nd. She handled the situation just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 2drsedanman
                        She is known for throwing her team under the bus. Remember Indy? I've said it before and it bears repeating: There is no "I" in team, but there is in bitch. Shut up and drive the car. If you don't think you can hack it stay in open wheel. NASCAR is looking for anything right now to fill some of those empty seats. What few times I caught the race flipping thru channels the attendance looked like a Nationwide race. I guess since Dale Jr turned out to be average NASCAR needs something to bring those fans back. I don't like women commentators in the NFL either, thought I would just throw that out there, lol.
                        sorry buddy packed house..
                        unlike baseball people walk around...
                        and as far as your jr comment..
                        he got an 8th place out of it..
                        and if you watched the race you'd see he'd get to the car in front of him in the corner and would loose him in the straights..
                        thats a h/p issue that a hendrick car shouldn't have..
                        might want to point that finger at the real cause..
                        cause it was clear that jr's and marks cars didn't have the h/p that jeffs and johnsons cars had..
                        jr. should've been able to power away from the 39 and his car couldn't even stay with it on the straights...

Comment

Please.
                          You've got 2 fricking posts and you're already making demands?

Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Observing Jr.'s cars, they have all seemed to be ill handling beasts. If you can't get off the corner at speed, you look slower going down the straight.

Comment

Originally posted by horsewidower
                              Observing Jr.'s cars, they have all seemed to be ill handling beasts. If you can't get off the corner at speed, you look slower going down the straight.
                              not 3/4 the way down the straight.. that hp not corner exit

Comment

Working...
                              X