Doing it Wrong Video: How Not to Winch a Stuck Land Rover Out of the Muck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doing it Wrong Video: How Not to Winch a Stuck Land Rover Out of the Muck

Re: Doing it Wrong Video: How Not to Winch a Stuck Land Rover Out of the Muck

towing setup on a 1/2 ton truck....smart.....

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

When I used to run a wrecker, I put the wheel lift down to be a makeshift wheelie bar, (which that truck didn't have) second, I didn't leave the pavement for winch outs, If I couldn't reach you, s.o.l

Comment

winches, like anything else, are not a pancea.... first employ shovel in hard ground.... ah well, if you can't be a good example, be a good warning ;)
        Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

There's a "Brokeback" joke in here somewhere...*keeps on digging*
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by squirrel
            towing setup on a 1/2 ton truck....smart.....

I laughed then vomited.
            ???

I am mauled by a ford f350. Self destructed dumber than what is in the vid...bent frame.
            the last strong one I had was in the 70s models.
            the real weight and density is non-existant...err.. except for the land rover apparently. stuck like a boot in a mud puddle.

imagine the the land rover is heavier than the ford.. with the tow rig in the back. :

Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Which of these Mensa candidates decided that winching it out from the opposite direction of which it got stuck was a good idea?

The doofus to the right of the wrecker should be seriously slapped for not giving the high-sign when the frame first started to deform!

Comment

Haha. I was waiting for the Ford's tires to spin like the Chevy's was doing. No wonder Ford had to go and build "the strongest truck frames" out there in there newer trucks.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The "watcher" definitely was clueless!!

Did any of you guys notice the related vid after this one finished?

Tell me if this guy values his life? Who would stand in front of a big truck wrecker with its front wheels 5 feet off the ground trying to do work?!?!?!?!? Crazy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqxiv7cM89E&feature=player_embedded#!

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                    Haha. I was waiting for the Ford's tires to spin like the Chevy's was doing. No wonder Ford had to go and build "the strongest truck frames" out there in there newer trucks.
                    Ford Truck owners - definitely can't fault them for their... loyalty
                    www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
                    X