Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible GM Promo Video: Testing the 1963 Corvettes in October of 1962 with Zora Arkus Duntov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incredible GM Promo Video: Testing the 1963 Corvettes in October of 1962 with Zora Arkus Duntov

Re: Incredible GM Promo Video: Testing the 1963 Corvettes in October of 1962 with Zora Arkus Duntov

Thanks for posting the link, awesome footage of the men and the cars involved. Dave MacDonald was my cousin, and as he died before I was born, I never knew him. But I am sure my mom, aunt and other relatives on that side of the family might like to see the video too. They remember him fondly, and the 130+ MPH rides he gave out in skunked up Vettes on the El Monte dump road when he was home in California.

Comment

Re: Incredible GM Promo Video: Testing the 1963 Corvettes in October of 1962 with Zora Arkus Duntov

Yeah gotta love that OE sound back then. Did they even put on their seat belts ???
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Did they even put on their seat belts ???
        Not that I could tell.
        Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Really great vintage footage there guys, fantastic find !!

They must have done more work on the suspension, because I noticed a lot of bouncing around.
          Also, the first thing the crew did when they pulled back in was to use a lead mallet to tighten up those famous Knock-off wheels.
          ;D

Comment

reel steel, real weight, real suspension, real downdraft and real timing...

love it forever.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Fantastic stuff!

I wish some of the spirit from that era would still be promoted today. Even if it is just publicity, there's something to be said about the leadership and pride that goes into making a promo like this.

Comment

They had some problems with front end lift over 100 mph because of the design of the nose push a ton of air under the car. That made high speed steering really crappy.

Definitely a really neat video find. I'm saving that one. I wonder what they were using as a chase/camera car.

BTW, I'd kill to be able to drive that track.
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                X