Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stirling Moss to Drive Race Car Just Four Months After Falling Down Elevator Shaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stirling Moss to Drive Race Car Just Four Months After Falling Down Elevator Shaft

Re: Stirling Moss to Drive Race Car Just Four Months After Falling Down Elevator Shaft

While I respect the guy's accomplishments, he's torn up quite a few pricey vintage racers lately.
    I hope he takes it easy on foot and behind the wheel.
    Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

Re: Stirling Moss to Drive Race Car Just Four Months After Falling Down Elevator Shaft

I said the other day that Mark Donahue was my hero. If that is true Sterling Moss is my Super Hero. As a youngster I spent many hours reading of his exploits on the Grand Prix exploits, on the Rally circuit and in sports cars as well.

I know a guy who watched, many years ago, Moss stuff a vintage Maserati in to a ban k at the Monterey Historic races. The question came up about should he be driving such cars. The reply was, "Its Sterling Moss who's going to tell him no?"

If I had a vintage race car and Moss wanted to race it I would be delighted, no matter what happened to the car. In reality there are a lot of expensive vintage cars that have been bent up by folks a lot younger than Sterling.

Comment

Working...
      X