Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Car Spotlight: The 1979 Mustang Pace Car Racecar

Re: Project Car Spotlight: The 1979 Mustang Pace Car Racecar

Good job Jeremy - enjoy driving that puppy man !
    Phil / Omaha

Comment

This is a really great story and car. Good job!!

Comment

Jeremy,
        Thats great ! Enjoy the car.

Comment

Thanks guys, and Thanks to Brian for blogging the thread but, most of all, a BIG Thank You to the Perrine boys,

Bob and Jesse, for turning the reins of this horse over to my son Cam and I.

A quick version of the tale, my friend Mike, Bob and I stopped at a McD's for a snack on our way to the BANGshift.com East Feast in Oct. 2009, while BS'ing over lunch I menioned I was looking for an early FOX Mustang like one I had seen along the road that day, to turn into an Autocross car, Bob said "HELL! I have just what your looking for." Then he sealed the deal by telling me it was a real Indy Pace car.

The car was to be Jesse's Highschool car, and after some mechanical gremlins, was pushed outside the family garage for 18 or so years, till December 6, 2009, when Cam and I hauled it home. The last 8 months have been a blur, as well as a very rewarding challenge.

Future plans are to try as many different types of racing with one single car, Autocross, open roadcoarse, drag 1/8 and 1/4, LSR, winter ice racing, tarmac hillclimb and maybe a staged dirt rally.

I have two years to wait before my co-pilot is 12 years old, and in the eyes of the SCCA, is legal to ride along, and hopefully after three years watching from the right side of the car, he will be ready to sit on the left side, and take the wheel.

Again, Thanks to all that have helped, and if it weren't for BANGshift.com, this project would never have happened!
          Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Thanks for taking us along for the ride my friend.

Brian
            That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
              Thanks for taking us along for the ride my friend.

Brian
              X2!

That is a great story (that we watched unfold!). It looked pretty rough when you pulled it, but now it's been out on the track! I look forward to seeing the events you enter the Mustang in all the while making me jealous.
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

DID THE REAL INDY PACECAR REALLY RUN A 255 ?

Comment

Thanks Brian, and yes, it was an awesome summer of fun indeed!

Was hoping to hit some Ice/Snow racing here in the northeast this winter but, none of the events have perked my interests yet.

Some winter work being done to be ready for when the weather breaks, a new heavy duty clutch along with installing the T5 5 speed, re-clutching the Traction-Lok 8.8 diff, and some better suited struts, shocks, springs (coilovers at all 4 corners if the budget allows) and swaybars. Engine wise, just building a new crossover pipe that will work between the Ranger tube header and turbo.

I'm also on an Ebay/Craigslist hunt for 17" or 18" rims to move up to ALOT more rubber on the ground for this year.
                  Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

Working...
                  X