Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Parting Shift: Two Tasks With One Hand

Re: The Parting Shift: Two Tasks With One Hand

Big deal. Back...then...I used to stop at the Sonic regularly. #2 chesseburger, onion rings and a vanilla shake please. The Falcon had a 289 with a 3 speed on the floor. I also was The Marlboro Man back then too. So here I go off down University, grabbing gears, Marlboro Red streaming out the vent window, chowin' a cheeseburger, munching rings, tuning the radio, etc. No cup holders in the car either. And people cry about talking on the phone and driving - amateurs. ;D

Comment

I'll up this by one. My friend Dennis was a co-worker and he drove vehicles on the dyno at EPA, following a trace that required closely following a speed/time requirement. Too far away from the trace and the test was voided - and there was hell to pay. Dennis lost his right arm at the shoulder in a motorcycle accident and he was one of the best stick shift drivers we had. Granted, he didn't have to steer but the consequences for a missed shift were considerable. Oh, and he had to push buttons mounted outside the car at various points in the test cycle, and some of those points were pretty close to the shift points. It was quite something to watch him. He moved to Denver some time back and we lost touch.

Dan

Comment

not so different from the video you posted some time back about truckers driving a two stick.

Comment

Working...
        X