Historic Drag Video: A Trifecta of Great Footage From Green Valley Raceway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Drag Video: A Trifecta of Great Footage From Green Valley Raceway

Re: Historic Drag Video: A Trifecta of Great Footage From Green Valley Raceway

These three videos were posted by a friend of mine at work. His dad (who recently passed away) and uncle ran the yellow altered T in the video. They ran under the name Capers Brothers racing. My co-worker didn't know too much about their racing but did know they won a championship of some kind at some point. My understanding is that the 8mm film was given to my co-worker by a family friend. Good stuff.

Chad

Comment

Great stuff! I miss Green Valley. Our car club has some footage on DVD from GV and various other Texas / OK tracks.

I have a bunch of this - but can't seem to locate the pics. If I ever find where I put them, I'll scan them in. Note this is later, after the tower moved to the other (east) side of the track.

Not long before the houses took over...

All that's left now. :'(

Comment

Green Valley Raceway was built by a real Texas cowboy named Bill McClure on his property and opened in 1960 with an AHRA sanction. When NHRA banned non-gasoline racing fuels, AHRA president Jim Tice never missed a beat with Top Fuel. They innaugurated a Labor Day weekend race at "the Valley" featuring fuel cars and everybody came to race. Event was one week following the then very popular and influential "World Series of Drag Racing" at Cordova, IL.

Great days and mind-blowing events!
        Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Comment

Working...
        X