Auto Trader Classics Find: The Nuttiest Customized 1970 Camaro in the World

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto Trader Classics Find: The Nuttiest Customized 1970 Camaro in the World

Re: Auto Trader Classics Find: The Nuttiest Customized 1970 Camaro in the World

I'm having a hard time with it. Having bad taste isn't a crime, I guess.
    Originally posted by TC
    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Sometimes, too much of a good thing is bad. This car, though, seems to be a case where too much of a bad thing becomes good. Any one of the custom touches on its own (except the mechanical work or maybe the paint job) would be pretty lame, but the cumulative effect of staring at a wooden dash with a wooden shift lever, a grille that looks like it was a locomotive cow catcher, stained glass trim on the inside, and more, combined with equally over the top (in a good way) performance mods, just leaves me astounded.

Even if I would just pull the twin Latham setup and put it on something else if that car fell into my possession.

Comment

I remember the car from the late 80's, it was once a top contender in the ISCA show car circut, it was owned/built by Ed Haney from Lilburn, GA. The car had a 20X20 display, paid handler the works. Yes it was a lot to take in but it was also the 80's. I can vividly remember that after the world of wheels show in birmingham they took the car back to Ga. and repainted it from candy tangerine to candy brandywine. It's hard to see in the state of disrepair that it is in now but as a teenager it still stands out in my mind as a exercise in excess.

Comment

I've owned a couple second gen Camaros. That back seat seems more roomy than normal. The front seats....somewhere theres a dinette set two chairs short.

Comment

if to guess it, I would say eighties without info.

alot of faith in that ridiculous serpentine belt.
            Funny today.. I got a 23 year old engine still running the same V belt..@128k miles.

the gripes were real back then, and still are.

the eighties was also a time to find leather seats on a plain jane volvo wagon...
            or $100 quarts of iridescent paint on a "j-tin" subaru...

seems a sprite of southern new england ethnic pretending friendly diverse.
            Evil and silly..in other words.
            I would not have guessed georgia origin.
            Previously boxer3main
            the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Oh my...! :o

Comment

Originally posted by boxer3main

seems a sprite of southern new england ethnic pretending friendly diverse.
                Wha, wha wha what???

I'm going to play a little game and see how long it takes me to use this in a conversation....
                You don't mind if I steal your quote Boxer?
                Originally posted by TC
                also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

ha, I think hotrod should run a story on it..
                  even the ford guys can't say "it's just another camaro..

;D

Comment

Working...
                  X