Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Philly Tow Truck Drivers in Turf War, Shooting Each Other, Setting Stuff on Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Philly Tow Truck Drivers in Turf War, Shooting Each Other, Setting Stuff on Fire

Re: Philly Tow Truck Drivers in Turf War, Shooting Each Other, Setting Stuff on Fire

AHHH yes, my old home town....what an embarassment.

Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Re: Philly Tow Truck Drivers in Turf War, Shooting Each Other, Setting Stuff on Fire

AHHH yes, my old home town...(Kinda) woooo hoooooooooooooo! I expect nothing less.

Comment

Didn't you guys boo santa off the field?
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Houston did (does?) have a similar issue - the first one to the wreck gets the tow. So, not only do they argue over who got there first, the drivers will run your ass over trying to get to the scene.

Comment

I used to buy and sell from a towing company... I liked the way the county, where they were located, dispatched. If there was a need for a tow, the dispatcher would call the tow companies on a list starting with the one below the last called. The company would either say "yes" or "no" to the tow depending on whether or not they had the assets available within the time allotted. If the tow company said "yes" but didn't get there in time, they'd get fined.... worked out quite well to keep the companies on an equal footing... also prevented shootings.... dang - it still is just a car.
            Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

bring back chasers

Comment

Out here the tow companies are on a que - ie. you get Monday, 6-12 or whatever. If they don't have a truck available, next guy in line gets it.

I only found out when I was trying to get a car flat decked from about an hour away from home. Called one company and they said, sorry can't do it, call XYZ. I call XYZ and tell them that the first company figured they'd be able to do it. They said no problem, went the hour to pick up the car and drag it back to my place. When we got there the guy explained that it was kind of a risk, because he was 1/2 hour late for their que time, and if something had come up during that time he would have lost his shift. Basically, the other company was next in line and was trying to screw him in order to get a 12 hour shift instead of 6.

I could see racing to the scene of an accident being a MAJOR problem in a big city however.

Here when you are in an accident if you call the insurance co. (we ALL have the same basic insurance in BC, government run), they will send a tow truck no charge, and they get to decide. If you don't call insurance in my city, the cops call whoever is in the que.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon67
                  Houston did (does?) have a similar issue - the first one to the wreck gets the tow. So, not only do they argue over who got there first, the drivers will run your ass over trying to get to the scene.
                  houston tow truck drivers are on a rotation now with local police, but yea they use to race to the scene of accidents til a tow truck driver ran a red light and killed a family on thier way to church
                  Charles W - BS Photographer at large

Comment

Jose Sr, the owner of J & Sons, actually painted my 70 Chevelle back in 1990. I'm not privy to any of the business he conducts in regards to the towing, but he a good guy and would give me the shirt off his back. The shop where the fire occured is in a bad section of Philly. Put it this way, I didn't want to hang around too long.

It's a shame, but that's the way some people live. Kill or be killed.

Comment

Working...
                    X