Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Historic Drag Video: Muscle Car Drag Race Action from Montana's Glendive Drag Strip Circa the Late 60s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Historic Drag Video: Muscle Car Drag Race Action from Montana's Glendive Drag Strip Circa the Late 60s

Re: Historic Drag Video: Muscle Car Drag Race Action from Montana's Glendive Drag Strip Circa the La

THIS is what drag racing was, and should still be. The real race cars had names. The street cars had slicks mounted to black painted steelies. I'm guessing proper 4 speed way outnumbered automatics. No one knew what a crossover delay or two step was. If only the video had sound.

Comment

Re: Historic Drag Video: Muscle Car Drag Race Action from Montana's Glendive Drag Strip Circa the La

That's good stuff. I wish it had sound, too. That red and white Corvette was haulin' ass!

And, I realize it says circa late '60s, but, to be more precise, I think the footage is probably early '70s -- I saw a '70 Duster in there, and I thought maybe a '70 Chevelle as well.

Comment

WOW! Finally some video of the strip in Glendive MT. This is where I got my first taste of drag racing as a high school kid(class of '75) from NW North Dakota area(Grenora, ND). Kind of a rough strip but it worked just fine. I used to trailer my Chevelle to this strip and then stop for Pizza at the Powder Keg on the way home. My parents bought me a 1968 Chevelle SS, big block and a 4-speed. It came from Poplar MT and the guy I bought it from used to race it here in Glendive. It had a flamed paint job, maroon in color and a big Mopar hood scoop on it. I still have that hood with the scoop on it. I sold the car back in the early 90's as the family was starting to grow. Now I have a '66 Chevelle SS in restoration.
        I would have to say that this was shot in the early 70's as I seen the Duster also.

Comment

Totally cool that you raced there!

Ever see a car get into the return road?
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Never seen anyone get into the return road making a pass when I raced there. Does look kinda scary now doesn't it?

Comment

Working...
            X