Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Bonanza: Great 1980's TV Car Stunts

Re: Video Bonanza: Great 1980's TV Car Stunts

Some of those are hard to watch, so many potentially cool cars meeting their untimely demise.
    And the A-team was lucky that the earth's gravity wasn't as prevalent back in the 80's. ;D
    Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

That last montage was difficult to watch, especially the Charger meeting it's demise at the end. Some notable crash scenes that were missing... Blues Brothers and Smokey & The Bandit.

And I don't think any single movie destroyed more classic cars than John Carpenter did when he made Christine, where over 20 already rare 1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr hard tops met their doom. :'(

Anyone else know of any others?

Comment

An AMC Ambassador turned into a Dodge Diplomat...now THAT is a car stunt.

Comment

Originally posted by oldrustycars
          An AMC Ambassador turned into a Dodge Diplomat...now THAT is a car stunt.
          No different than yelling "abra-cadabra" and POOF! a Dodge Challenger becomes a '67 Camaro on fire. :D
          Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Budgets must have been tight or they destroyed all of the trucks because at 1:22 into the Fall Guy video, ITS A FREAKING HOT WHEELS!!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dmikulec

And I don't think any single movie destroyed more classic cars than John Carpenter did when he made Christine, where over 20 already rare 1958 Plymouth Belvedere 2dr hard tops met their doom. :'(

Anyone else know of any others?
              I'm not so sure of your assertion re: John Carpenter, aka the former Mr. Adrienne Barbeau. If memory serves, "The Blues Brothers" claimed to have destroyed the most cars ever in one film. There was also the original "Gone in 60 seconds", "CARS" with Kurt Russell, the entire run of "The Dukes of Hazzard" and that's just off the top of my head.

Comment

Working...
              X