NASCAR Bans Criticism of NASCAR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NASCAR Bans Criticism of NASCAR

I watched part of the Brickyard 400. Scary how empty the stands were on the front stretch. The pit road side was all but abandoned.

The price bubble has bursted on many spectator sports. Americans don't have disposable income to dispose of wholesale like four years ago.

Not the only thing whose ticket sales took a major dump this year. I deal with many big time musicians and many are scared from the total lack of ticket sales this year. Huge acts couldn't sell 2000 tickets and were cancelling entire tours. Over priced again?
    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vegaman
      Originally posted by redcammer

Apparently I have not been paying attention because I was not aware that NASCRAP was now superior to the constitution of the United States. I'm referring to the right of free speech!

Censorship used to be a nasty concept in America but apparently Nascrap has raised that to an art form also.

With bonehead brian more interested in owning a football team instead of a racing team is anyone surprised by
      anyone elses lack of interest in NASCRAP??

and this is what I don't get. criticize someone or something and they don't like it, get yourself fired or a fine. what about freedom of speech, your not allowed to voice an opinion anymore???
      That only applies to the U.S. Government.
      Originally posted by TC
      also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Originally posted by chevy3100
        something some of you may be forgetting -

If an NFL player, Owner, Coach etc. complains about the NFL - they get fined
        If an MLB player, owner, coach etc. complains about the MLB - they get fined
        If an NHL player, owner, coach etc. complains about the NHL - they get fined

How is this different?

Not trying to defend Nascar, I used to be a die hard fan, but really haven't given a crap the last few years. The COT and cookie cutter 1 1/2 mile tracks really took away my enjoyment of it. Not to mention the corporate boring drivers that seem to dominate. (I'm still a fan of guys like Tony Stewart, Kevin Harvick, Dale Jr, and a few more)
        it isn't..
        this story is a no go

Comment

and as far as bringing stock back to stock car..
          HOW
          no one makes a rear drive 2 door mid sized car..

Nascar gave us what we wanted a back to stock car racing..
          it was the trucks..
          as close to stock as you can safely build to run those speed..
          no one went to those racesthe seats where not packed, but even with the new car.. the big show still sells..
          a few need to remember that with 10% of American's unemployed (on the rolls) and another 5-7% already off the rolls but still unemployed or under employed..
          going to a race isn't as important as food on table and roof over head..
          watching on tv does just fine..
          those that think nascar tickets cost to much , haven't been to a pro sport event lately.. in a market that has good teams that sell out all the time..
          even the bruins, season tickets sold out in under a half day..

Comment

1st amendment only protects free speech against the government. So:

If you criticize your boss, you can get fired or suspended.
            If you criticize your neighbor, you can get criticized back or punched in the face.
            If you criticize the sanctioning body of the sport you play in or the league you play for, you can get suspended or fined.

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD

those that think nascar tickets cost to much , haven't been to a pro sport event lately.. in a market that has good teams that sell out all the time..
              It's because they're entertaining to go to, notcar, not so much. Yes I have been to a notcar race and would have slept through it if I could have. The tailgate parties on the otherhand though were hella fun.
              "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

I heard the news of the fines for the drivers speaking their piece, and I wasnt surprised they was fined . To me its not right to fine them, but I just wasnt surprised. I would do more to piss more fans off, give them less,charge them more, make asses out of the drivers, so on and so on. I wonder if a few of the guys ever thought of having the Blue Flu, on the down and low so as to no one would know?

Comment

Best bang for your buck around here is the
                  old Pevely Speedway.
                  Small dirt circle track owned by Kenny Schrader.

Cheap tickets, cheap beer, cheep hot dogs......lots
                  of great action.

It's a blast.......and I'm pretty sure you can bitch
                  without any repercussions
                  ;D
                  Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Well Brian, after posting a blog like this I guess you're not expecting NASCAR to give you a position any time soon. ;) ;D

I have always thought big time professional sports were incredibly dictatorial when it comes to stuff like this. Is that good or bad? I don't know, but they are businesses and if you criticize your boss publically how long will you keep your job?

On the other hand it certainly doesn't seem like this is the best PR move for NASCAR. The difference here is that unlike most pro sports, or any other business for that matter, NASCAR's customers don't like them already and by forcing the players (drivers, teams, etc.) to be quiet it just adds to the public's disgust with NASCAR. The France family and its underlings have screwed things up so bad, that I don't see how they can survive much longer without making some big changes and concessions. Will that ever happen? I don't know, but I doubt it.

Comment

Joe, I don't think my media credential request will be filled any time soon. :D
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                        Joe, I don't think my media credential request will be filled any time soon. :D
                        If you get one .........just plan on paying
                        a big ass fine

;D
                        Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts
                          Well Brian, after posting a blog like this I guess you're not expecting NASCAR to give you a position any time soon. ;) ;D

I have always thought big time professional sports were incredibly dictatorial when it comes to stuff like this. Is that good or bad? I don't know, but they are businesses and if you criticize your boss publically how long will you keep your job?

On the other hand it certainly doesn't seem like this is the best PR move for NASCAR. The difference here is that unlike most pro sports, or any other business for that matter, NASCAR's customers don't like them already and by forcing the players (drivers, teams, etc.) to be quiet it just adds to the public's disgust with NASCAR. The France family and its underlings have screwed things up so bad, that I don't see how they can survive much longer without making some big changes and concessions. Will that ever happen? I don't know, but I doubt it.
                          sadly you are pointing the finger at the wrong group.. the money, the big corporations, the ones that pay to have their name on the car the track, the offical(full in the blank) of nascar. are the ones that started this.. they don't want their driver being non p/c and . home depot blasted smoke for it over and over.. (among others)
                          without those names all over the cars, there is no races be it nascar or nhra or anyother pro motorsports..
                          and nascar knows this.. companies are being very picky on what they spend ad moneys on.. and just like most bosses, they don't want to hear the smack, just get it done.. and like it or not. the ones spending the ad money's in motorsports are THE BOSS

Comment

Ryan Newman and another driver were fine $50K for speaking out against Nascar. Of course, Nascar did not publicly announce the fines.
                            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X