Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Read: A Good Interview with Chip Foose

Re: Great Read: A Good Interview with Chip Foose

While I haven't read this article yet, I did listen to Foose get interviewed on the Adam Carolla CarCast (Podcast) recently and it softened my opinion of him somewhat. I never liked the show Overhaulin and couldn't get past the doushyness of the him and the host. But I always respected his talents and his buiseness accumen. On the podcast interview he was talking about his "hyper-vigillence" toward every car he sees...He first sees the things he likes but then focuses or more likely, obsesses on the things he would change. The littlest details drive him crazy. Sounded familiar.

Then he went into a passionate description of the old 427 SOHC powered Woody Gilmore FED that he is restoring....
    Time Wasters...
    http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
    http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

I met Chip at Donut Derelicts one morning. He took the time to shake our hands and talk to us for a few minutes. His "handlers" were trying to get him to move along, and he shoo'ed them away. I came away thinking he is a genuine guy and really down to earth. I also got to see him at the SEMA car show where he was the Grand marshall. He rolled in with the old Ford truck that they did on OverHaulin' ...and then watched him detail it himself. The entire time he was wiping down his truck, people were around him and he was talking the entire time. He is one of the coolest cats you'll ever meet. I have the utmost respect for him...his is the real deal!

Comment

I haven't met Chip but I'd like to. From what I've heard and seen he treats everybody with respect
        and seems to be a really good guy.
        Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

A great read? Really?
          You guys need to stop throwing around superlatives to get us to read something.
          The article is interesting, but certainly nothing remarkable.
          Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

folks waited 8 hours on line to get his autograph at LEAD EAST.........

Comment

Ha! got my picture taken with him at the lead east prom. He was dancing away. her's a nice guy, very approachable.

Comment

I'd love to have a beer with this guy. While I think that he is overexposed now a days, and I don't like all the trends that came from his drawing boards, he is undoubtedly a force in the business.

Truly a likeable guy.

Comment

Working...
                X