X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnstormin': Thoughts During a Short Ride Home From Loring

Re: Barnstormin': Thoughts During a Short Ride Home From Loring

Great write up Brian.

"I'm too dumb to act and Chad's too ugly to get by on his good looks", cracked me up.
    Neal

Drag Week 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013

Comment

Sounds like you are ready to step up to the real deal of Speedweek.

Except for a little traffic on I-80, there are no other distractions keeping you from the thrill of being in the mix at the Mecca of speed, aka North American Zoomland. Every gearhead should make the pilgrimage, and get true religion on the salt - to experience the echos of strong motors bellowing for miles across an alien landscape. I went in '98 and stayed for 8 days. After the yearning over the years to attend, my wish was fulfilled to the maximum. I hunger to return someday.
      Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

I really enjoyed that story...

I got goosebumps when you said you got misty over that dude John and his Rambler. I have obviously never met those guys and don't know their story but I'm sure I get the concept...Good stuff all around.
        Time Wasters...
        http://public.fotki.com/JoeGrippo/
        http://www.flickr.com/photos/joe_grippo/sets/
        http://www.youtube.com/user/JoeGrippo?feature=mhum

Comment

Goliath as an LSR vehicle? Inquiring minds want to know...

Comment

Good story Brian - thanks.
            But can you cook Bologna ?
            Phil / Omaha

Comment

Great commentary Brian. Thanks. Hey, when are you coming back to Maxton?

Comment

Great story , sounds like a ton of fun.

Comment

I know just how you feel. Making my virgin pilgrimage to Bonneville last year was eyeopening. I'm this close to giving up road-racing and putting together something for LSR.

I've also been looking at closed AF bases here in the California central valley to see if we could do an event around here.

Comment

All I can add is "Yep. Told you so." I REALLY want to make it up there w/Buzz Bomb. What's the 100 Club hat look like?

Dan

Comment

sounds intimidating after reading that.
                      I do not know as I would be crying over 200mph. :

a 100mph club. I think I like it..
                      if it is that analytical, little machines ought to be trying it, I cannot seem to find writings of them.

The 8 cyl world is a beaten path. I would love to see the 200s run in unique chassis however (never saw landspeed)
                      think of that long maine highway home, and 165mph... Not that anyone I know has done that. ???

will there be videos produced by bangshift? or somebody? would buy in a second.
                      Previously boxer3main
                      the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Nevermind.

Comment

Brian - Great to meet you in Presque Ilse. Great story, John and Tom optimize what is great about land speed. My friends and I met them 4 years ago at Maxton and they always have time to answer questions and shoot the bull. John's car is very well detailed and nicely built and its good to see them have success, but that could be said about everyones machinery in this type of racing. Keep up the good work - see you around Masschusetts.

Comment

Great stuff Brian.
                            ;)

Comment

Working...
                            X