Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnage Video Bonanza: Wreckage From Circle Track Spectator Drags

Re: Carnage Video Bonanza: Wreckage From Circle Track Spectator Drags

I am the only person i know to get DQ from spectator drags, I had Hoosier race tires on my Tbird.

Comment

I got me a new Jeep with cool shinney paint,I'll kick that old POS Tahoe's ass from here to Porky's.....

I knew this was going to end bad for the Jeep as soon as they pulled to the line.
      But the Tahoe guy was a dick head anyway....

Comment

What's really crazy is how several of those were deliberate. Did they have a different ride home pre-arranged, or were those guys really psychotic enough to ram a competitor's car with their daily driver?

Comment

People are amazing. A $1200 Blazer vs. $40,000 Grand Cherokee, and I bet he was totally shocked that he got wiped out. :
          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Brian.... I'm afraid that is just plain 'ol gearhead goodness right there. I have so many questions. How do you explain this to your wife, insurance co., family, friends, co-workers?

Then the wheels start turning. Pull in there with something like that Lincoln from a Animal House w/ Belushi poking out of the roof. Man, it's just... I never thought anyone would actually DO that stuff.

Makes me wonder about race track insurance.
            Bakersfield, CA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclone03
              I got me a new Jeep with cool shinney paint,I'll kick that old POS Tahoe's ass from here to Porky's.....

I knew this was going to end bad for the Jeep as soon as they pulled to the line.
              I'll tell you what, if that was my Jeep, that dick in the blazer wouldn't have walked out of that track under his own power. >
              I R Bob
              You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
              2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Damn, hadn't seen this before :o Definately have to be ready to loose the car.
                Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Rubbins racin asshole..........

If you are man enough to sign up your junk dont get pissy when it gets destroyed.

Comment

My father used to race spectator drags at Freeport every week, the things some people would do is frightening. I can't count how many cars I saw put into the fence. The one i remember most was a Mach 1 Mustang. Big motor poking through the hood, big and little tires and wheelie bars. Whoda thunk it wouldn't turn.

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller

If you are man enough to sign up your junk dont get pissy when it gets destroyed.
                      Sorry but I've got to laugh at this comment.

So, if you're sitting in the stands at your local dirt track and the flag drops and somebody runs down the side of another car on the straight and spins them out you'd say rubbin racing. Hell I've had friends DQ'd for spinning someone coming out of a turn and the other guy came down into him.

I would imagine if they had labeled the event "Spectator Demo Derby" he might not have entered.

If he got bashed into on the corner or in real racing situation I'd be fine with it. But to run your junk down the side of the faster vehicle on the start line just because there is no other way you can win is a dickhead move, I don't care who you are.

Comment

That announcer was funny 'talking' on the phone to the insurance company explaining a dinosaur munched his car. Ive wondered in the past how I would handle that situation if something happened to my car at the strip...don't think I'd use the Barney defense though.
                        Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

I knew a guy who dumped it off the back of a ramp truck in a rough area outside of Boston and reported it stolen.

Insurance fraud is not something you'd want to get caught in the act of though. :D
                          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by truckpuller

if somebody with a $500 car hit my $40,000 car, the backside of a hammer would probably enter his face, no matter what the conditions are

Comment

Working...
                            X