Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 11: Worst Classic Car Name Revivals

Re: The Top 11: Worst Classic Car Name Revivals

everyone likes to pick on the 74' mustang. actually, it wasn't a bad car. looks are subjective, and i agree that the coupe was butt ugly, but i liked the hatchback. it came at the time of the gas crunch and must have been the right car at the right time because it sold well over 300,000 units. to put it down because it doesn't meet todays standards of what a car should be is like saying the model T was a piece of garbage.
    the 74' mustang handled better, was a better ride, got better gas milage, less polluting,and was better in many ways than the original mustang.
    most important, it keep the mustang name active and the mustang line going.

concerning the 80-81 cobra, it was the engine choices that was the only thing wrong with these cars. the small v-8 was a piece of crap. what was ford thinking? same can be said about the turbo 4. i had an 80 cobra. i loved that car....except for the garbage engine (turbo 4). it was a great car....except for the engine.
    Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

You nailed number one for sure!

Matt I'm digging your Top 11's. Wonder were speedzter went?
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

The late-B Charger is another that suffered from bad engines. It's basically a '71 Charger underneath with a 200hp V8. Of course it's gonna suck. Build the big block and these things hustle.
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
          You nailed number one for sure!

Matt I'm digging your Top 11's. Wonder were speedzter went?
          I remember that number 1 in my neighborhood in high school.
          brand new le mans.. the owner got so mad as to consider it a total loss after 1 maine winter.
          a definate shame. there was not even a means to fix how fast this car went crazy.
          we took a corner coming home from school, and the car lost it for seeming no reason. clean pavement, nice day.

the rage of wht they went through.. I won't ever forget how much bullcrap is out there. Funny enough it was withing a year of this stuff in the 80s, I went back in time for a 74 chevelle with 90hp...they did not exactly screw that up for the right car at the right time. the mustang was a dsisater.

3600 pounds of 20 year chassis and 30mpg... or the retarded unibody midget attenmpting the same.. and not even allowed to put bigger winter tread on.

great list. There is alot more (like all of today) that is a rape and twisted dementia of the stronger past.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

For sure the Daewoo LeMans deserves #1. Years ago I worked for a car rental agency and we were unlucky enough to get a whole load of these things.

My first impression:

They must have been slapped together by retarded Mongolian monks
            using leftover obsolete Russian forklift parts. What a piece of S**T!
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

I might drive number 4 .Its just not that bad and it is a Grand Prix underneath. But you defiantly got number 1 right .Truly a piece of sh%$ for the ages.

Comment

Truth be told, I could probably come up with some interesting way to mod all but two or three of these cars that doesn't involve major structural changes. However, the ones on this list were cars that I felt just plain didn't, in stock form, live up to the personality, performance, or racing success of the version that made the car a legend. I'd totally rock a Mustang II fastback with a hot smallblock, lowered on some larger wheels with massaged fenderwells myself. But in stock trim, it didn't have anything like the style or power of the originals, and hasn't inspired anything like the level of nostalgia of the first one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Cramer
                  Truth be told, I could probably come up with some interesting way to mod all but two or three of these cars that doesn't involve major structural changes. However, the ones on this list were cars that I felt just plain didn't, in stock form, live up to the personality, performance, or racing success of the version that made the car a legend. I'd totally rock a Mustang II fastback with a hot smallblock, lowered on some larger wheels with massaged fenderwells myself. But in stock trim, it didn't have anything like the style or power of the originals, and hasn't inspired anything like the level of nostalgia of the first one.
                  ya cause the 64 and a half 200 inline 6 mustangs where rockets..
                  you missed one tho.. that will bump the lemans to #2
                  the yugo.. and the yugo turbo

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                    Originally posted by Matt Cramer
                    ya cause the 64 and a half 200 inline 6 mustangs where rockets..
                    you missed one tho.. that will bump the lemans to #2
                    the yugo.. and the yugo turbo
                    Hey, hey, hey. Lay off the Yugos. I had a GVX for a while and that thing was a blast.
                    I R Bob
                    You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
                    2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

How was the Yugo a revival of an American car name?
                      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Yugo, Fiat what's the difference. Oh wait............... ;D
                        I R Bob
                        2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          title is classic car names not american

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                            Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            title is classic car names not american
                            Yugo, the 1986 classic! ;D
                            I R Bob

Comment

I just knew when I read that worst list I would have to add the Ram Daytona, but no I didnt. Thanks Matt, I couldnt agree with that one more. every time I see one of those trucks I wanna rip the damn spoiler off and roll some paint over the stripes and name.
                              It only needed this on the side to be more hideousDodge Ram Daytona Dodge Ram Daytona

Comment

Working...
                              X