Bitchin' Big Rig Race Video: The Great American Truck Race, Atlanta, 1980

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bitchin' Big Rig Race Video: The Great American Truck Race, Atlanta, 1980

Re: Bitchin' Big Rig Race Video: The Great American Truck Race, Atlanta, 1980

Ahh the opening scene from Smokey and the Bandit 2. I got my tin in the wind....

Comment

oh and Hal Needham rules all. Dude has more money than god in 1980 after making 2 Bandit movies. So he is entitled to some gold chain swagger. We need real men like that in Hollywood again making movies.

Comment

I bet Hal Needham had a BITCHIN' van.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Here's the pic's that started all the fuss a year ago LOL.

Oh, and don't forget Hal Needham made Hooper and The Cannonball Run I&II, and yes, Hollywood could use his help in todays film making.

The winner that day on the Syracuse mile in 85', driven by none other than "Barefoot" Bob McCreadie

Jeremy George in Windsor NY

Comment

I saw the '79 race on TV there at Atlanta when Mike Adams won in the '65 Jimmy he drove to the track and then drove home. Part two talks about it. It's amazing I remember that show after all these years since I only saw it once.
            BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Scott, that's totally awesome that you remember seeing it as a kid!
              That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of silly detroits. I wonder what the size limit was?

I could vaguely remember a 1980 race, at the time I was playing with a matchbox peterbilt at 7 years old. I was getting kinda old for matchboxes...and the engine noises. I did not do that anymore. :D

Previously boxer3main
                the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                X