No announcement yet.

Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

Re: Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

You mean the F-bomb pulling a wheelie in the dirt while making tire screeching noises was FAKE?

Comment

Re: Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

Dude, he forgets the fact they bacon greased the bottom! ;D And to paraphrase Archimedes, if I had enough gear I could drag the world!

I'm guess the writer wouldn't believe my Skylark winning a tractor pull either ??? ;D
      Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Hey guys, thanks for reading my article and sharing it with your readers. I'm not totally oblivious to the fact that the action scenes in this and the other F&F movies are not what the movie is about.

I wanted to do more than say "Hey everybody! Look at the pretty pictures." So I came up with this angle and talking point.

BTW, thanks for linking to me. I never would have found your site otherwise and after poking around I'm totally digging it. My late father-in-law was a "car guy" and I grew to appreciate a fine looking and well maintained vehicle because of him. I may not know how it's put together but just like a nice piece of art, I know a good vehicle when I see it.

Paul Young

Comment

Hey Paul,

Thanks for dropping by and taking a good natured ribbing as such!

There's lots of neat stuff to see and read on ScreenRant!

Brian
          That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Who cares if it looks unrealistic? The majority of the stunts throughout the series are practical effects, not the faked CGI BS that's so common nowadays. I can appreciate that.

Comment

I saw them filming for the new movie in the desert of Parker Arizona they had about 20 of Pantaras and Gt 40 and some huge military style 4x4s and where building a huge set involving some train cars

Comment

Originally posted by ferrarimanf355
                Who cares if it looks unrealistic? The majority of the stunts throughout the series are practical effects, not the faked CGI BS that's so common nowadays. I can appreciate that.
                x2 !

Guys bitch and moan about the lack of Car movies, it's a series of car movies that are doing pretty good. There was OBVIOUS domestic hotrodding bangshifter influence in the latest version - I think we have David Freiburger and Chad to thank for some of that!

I watch them, and will watch the next one.
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

d/g we already knew you watch it..
                  no shock there..
                  car movie.. ok.
                  when they fact check with people that know cars and the lifestyle then we'll have a car movie..
                  stunts will always be hollywood "over the top" but at least make the rest believable

Comment

They lifestyle of who....you or the MILLIONS of kids who have been watching the movies?

Comment

We are talking about movies geared towards teenage boys who play video games, right?
                      BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Fact check? What are you talking about, my floor pans blow off every time I hit the NOS button too!
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                          They lifestyle of who....you or the MILLIONS of kids who have been watching the movies?

kids that think vin is either kool or cute..
                          no because they are into cars,.

Comment

I'm not buying that 100%. Sure the star power has a draw, you are totally right there, but there is an actual, recordable bump in the racer gate on wednesdays and fridays at NED when these movies run. The first one was amazing. It jumped car counts like nothing anyone could remember.

Wednesday test and tunes went from 150-200 cars to upwards of 400 cars. There were nights we had to stop accepting entries because the place was blown out.

Is it still that big? Nope, but the bump is still there.

Also, as mentioned by some of the guys above, they've seen the movies and (gasp!) suspended reality long enough to enjoy them!

The Cannonball run movies were not all that technically accurate, Two Lane Blacktop features Dennis Wilson's fixation on carb jets (seems to be one of the only things he talks about) and lilly handed James Taylor at the tiller, the original Gone in 60 Seconds (and the newer version) aren't exactly Oscar caliber film making, and on and on and on.

The movies are largely generational in my opinion. This generation has the most successful car move franchise of all time. It skipped my kids age bracket, but they have Pixar's "Cars" to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                              The Cannonball run movies were not all that technically accurate...
                              And that one had the script originally written by Brock Yates, who organized the Cannonball Runs in real life, and personally was there on the set trying to stop the inaccuracies from piling up. It didn't work. Technical accuracy survives Hollywood about as well as a stock Civic would survive the first round of Pro Stock eliminations. Although some of the scenes in the movie were toned down from real events. Mad Dog didn't run over a tree trying to take a "short cut" like he did in the movie - he rammed the dually through a chain link fence.

Interesting trivia: Several scenes in Cannonball Run, including Burt Reynolds landing an airplane in the town square, were filmed in my home town. They still talk about how difficult it was to get the plane off the street without hitting the power lines.

Comment

Working...
                              X