No announcement yet.

Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
    I'm not buying that 100%. Sure the star power has a draw, you are totally right there, but there is an actual, recordable bump in the racer gate on wednesdays and fridays at NED when these movies run. The first one was amazing. It jumped car counts like nothing anyone could remember.

Wednesday test and tunes went from 150-200 cars to upwards of 400 cars. There were nights we had to stop accepting entries because the place was blown out.

Is it still that big? Nope, but the bump is still there.

Also, as mentioned by some of the guys above, they've seen the movies and (gasp!) suspended reality long enough to enjoy them!

The Cannonball run movies were not all that technically accurate, Two Lane Blacktop features Dennis Wilson's fixation on carb jets (seems to be one of the only things he talks about) and lilly handed James Taylor at the tiller, the original Gone in 60 Seconds (and the newer version) aren't exactly Oscar caliber film making, and on and on and on.

The movies are largely generational in my opinion. This generation has the most successful car move franchise of all time. It skipped my kids age bracket, but they have Pixar's "Cars" to watch.
    thats great,, lot of fad racers.. how many of those extra 200 cars still show up..?

I remember being at locations where the N.E.D. every w end racer was fed up with the b/s that came with all that..( local overpasses late at night ;) )

bet it's like nascar a few years ago.. pissed off the core fan, for the fly by night fan..
    I don't know, haven't been to N.E.D. since the last s.c.show. and that was before the f &f movies..
    sorry but if it take a movie to get cars through the gate, drag racing has big problems..
    I'll also bet more bad press came from the drivers that didn't understand "dont try this at home"
    and instead made the 6 oclock news..
    wifes into cars and not a total gearhead, and she didn't like them, and she loooovvvveeeesssss vin..
    I've never seen them, they might be a great way to forget about the world for 2 hours..
    but i'll pass..

Comment

Re: Fast and Furious 5 Filming: Writer Thinks That Action Scenes May Be Unrealistic

i watched and enjoyed the 1st one for what it was..and action adventure movie about cars..nothing more....

the rest...meh

If you can leave two black stripes from the exit of one corner to the braking zone of the next, you have enough horsepower. - Mark Donohue

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
        thats great,, lot of fad racers.. how many of those extra 200 cars still show up..?

I remember being at locations where the N.E.D. every w end racer was fed up with the b/s that came with all that..( local overpasses late at night ;) )

bet it's like nascar a few years ago.. pissed off the core fan, for the fly by night fan..
        I don't know, haven't been to N.E.D. since the last s.c.show. and that was before the f &f movies..
        sorry but if it take a movie to get cars through the gate, drag racing has big problems..
        I'll also bet more bad press came from the drivers that didn't understand "dont try this at home"
        and instead made the 6 oclock news..
        wifes into cars and not a total gearhead, and she didn't like them, and she loooovvvveeeesssss vin..
        I've never seen them, they might be a great way to forget about the world for 2 hours..
        but i'll pass..
        why would anyone care where extra revenue for a track comes from??? you're saying we'd all be better off without movies that help keep the "car hobby" going?

To me, that seems totally backwards but the good thing here is - we can all have our opinions.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Working...
        X