Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crashed WWII Dive Bomber Raised From San Diego Resevoir

Re: Crashed WWII Dive Bomber Raised From San Diego Resevoir

Man I love the history and mystery that surround aviation crashes, wreck chasing has sort of become another hobby for my family. Everyone should go try to find one ....
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I love stores like this.
      I'm a history buff and love finds like these
      Rumors of my demise by rollover have been greatly exaggerated.

Comment

I searched images, as bad handling or resonant nightmares in aircraft interest me...

I noticed the back end below horizontal stab is curved with nothing to counter act the "other" pressures. Crazy just to look at. ???

clearly a fantasy driven plane. To put into perspective how silly it must have been even in 1945, the boeing 707/717 was on the drawing board, and still flying today.

Previously boxer3main
        the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

These planes were designed before the war started. They were EVIL handling and slow. Guys were getting killed in these things during routine flights. During the battle of Mid-way squadrons of these planes were dispatched to try to knock out the Japanese fleet. They were woefully ineffective and shot down like sitting ducks. All but a few even returned. Yet the brave young men who flew these crates eagerly strapped themselves in none the less, flight after flight knowing the odds were against them.

Comment

That retrieval project has been on the TV news each morning for days now, there's a lot of local interest. Must be from guys who must remember when San Diego had an aircraft industry. It'll be going away to Florida any day now.

Comment

Working...
            X