Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Project Car Spotlight: A 454 Powered 1970 Caprice Gets a New Lease on Life BangShift Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Car Spotlight: A 454 Powered 1970 Caprice Gets a New Lease on Life BangShift Style

Re: Project Car Spotlight: A 454 Powered 1970 Caprice Gets a New Lease on Life BangShift Style

Monochrome black? PLEASE! Over done! Now, the sleeper look is quite appealing, however.

If, IF, I can scrape together the scratch necessary, my plan is to have my 383 BB rebuilt to stock compression, though with a significantly more stout bottom-end and source a twin-turbo w/intercooler set-up for my '66 Fury. Problem is, with that much power, it will become a nearly never-ending process of improving the strength and durability of every other component down stream of the engine! A 5-figure engine now requires a 4-figure trans, a 4-figure rear end, 4-wheel discs, a cage...

Man, I REALLY gotta get that VO career goin'!

Comment

Re: Project Car Spotlight: A 454 Powered 1970 Caprice Gets a New Lease on Life BangShift Style

Scott, you remain one of my HEEroes! Great project, even though the cylinders are arranged in some odd, bent configuration.

Dan

Comment

go reb ...keep the full sized cars alive

Comment

I have to say road trip threads like these are some of the best love the pics that go
          along with them. I could read them and look at pics all day long.Thank you that was great.

Comment

I totally agree. Taking a car with a fresh engine and so many new parts on a 1000 mile "shakedown" run takes balls
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
              I totally agree. Taking a car with a fresh engine and so many new parts on a 1000 mile "shakedown" run takes balls
              Bah, in 2002, I bought my Centurion in May with a blown engine, got it running in July, and in mid-August drove it from Los Angeles, CA to Myrtle Beach, SC and back. Just ate a CV joint in the drive shaft in Greenville, SC, an Alternator in Myrtle Beach, SC followed up with a leaking heater core there and a back window in the convertible top when I put the top down at Primm, NV driving home and didn't know stuff in the trunk had shifted (expensive lesson!). I'm all for shake down drives ;D

That's a baby shake down trip (leaving Ely is a 1,000 mile trip :P). I can't give Scott any credit since he compared an oily mess engine bay to mine ;D
              Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSilverBuick
                Bah, in 2002, I bought my Centurion in May with a blown engine, got it running in July, and in mid-August drove it from Los Angeles, CA to Myrtle Beach, SC and back. Just ate a CV joint in the drive shaft in Greenville, SC, an Alternator in Myrtle Beach, SC followed up with a leaking heater core there and a back window in the convertible top when I put the top down at Primm, NV driving home and didn't know stuff in the trunk had shifted (expensive lesson!). I'm all for shake down drives ;D

That's a baby shake down trip (leaving Ely is a 1,000 mile trip :P). I can't give Scott any credit since he compared an oily mess engine bay to mine ;D
                Would you be happier to know that the rear main seal is leaking too?
                BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Only if you agree it's a Chevy problem ;D Mine's fixed ;D
                  Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Originally posted by Rebeldryver

Only if you agree it's a Chevy problem ;D Mine's fixed ;D
                    Are you saying a larger percentage of Chevy's have leaky rear mains? Well, I can't argue that point.
                    BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I only have serious rear main leaks on the ones with rope seals. I've gotten the hang of BBC rear seals.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                      X