• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wild Wreck Video: In-Car Footage of a Dragster Rolling Over at Speed

Re: Wild Wreck Video: In-Car Footage of a Dragster Rolling Over at Speed

three things struck me:

Driver was wearing what looks like a pink helmet
    Driver never put the visor down- guess he doesn't feel his eyes are worth protecting
    the shirtless crew member was a classy touch

Comment

Maybe the helmet colors match the car colors?
      Could have forgotten to lower the visor while concentrating on the starter; wouldn't be the first time that's happened.
      Maybe the crew member is proud of his physique!

While I've unfortunately been in my share of accidents and crashes, THAT would be a wild ride!

Comment

Not that it is his job, but a starter who has his stuff together would have motioned to the driver to put the shield down before flipping the switch.

I wonder if that is Don Nase's old EcoTec dragster?
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Not that it is his job, but a starter who has his stuff together would have motioned to the driver to put the shield down before flipping the switch.
          Good point!

Comment

is just me or does it look like he closes his eyes right when it launches!...?

Comment

is just me or does it look like he closes his eyes right when it launches!...?
              Sure did to me.
              Act your age, not your shoe size. - Prince

Comment

funny I was thinking the same thing on the eye closing
                Rich

Drag Week Survivor 2009, 2011, 2012, 2013 - 2nd Place - Pro Street N/A, 2017

Comment

Man, that sucks. You know the driver has to feel bad.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes

I wonder if that is Don Nase's old EcoTec dragster?
                    The starter's name would be Randy, and I don't think he would care....
                    I used to remind a certain driver we had to put his shield down all the time, he used to tell me it came down on it's own about 300ft out.
                    Originally posted by TC
                    also boost will make the cam act smaller

Comment

Not Don Nase's old car. This is a 240" Mike Bos car, much nicer chassis.

No eyes got closed at any point in this video.

Visor closes itself.

Comment

It held up well to the ultimate test, that's for sure.

Mike has a great reputation!
                        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Working...
                        X