• Show
Clear All

• Feature: Great Drag Racing Stories From Hero Announcer Jon Lundberg

Re: Feature: Great Drag Racing Stories From Hero Announcer Jon Lundberg

I really dig these stories ;D

Thanks for sharing ;D

Comment

With that rich and varied a career, one wonders why he has yet to put any of this into print? A book like that would sell VERY well, especially with so many younger pups being totally unaware of this gentleman and his accomplishments!

OK, a lot of us older dogs would dig it, too!

Comment

Jon did mentioned that a book has been discussed.

Brian
        That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
          Jon did mentioned that a book has been discussed.

Brian
          YEAH! Thanks, Brian! Better start savin' my pennies now!

Comment

Whoa! Hero Announcer? WOW! Thanks Brian, I'm ready for Round 2 whenever you are.

Jon Lundberg
            Jon W. Lundberg, Sr., RETIRED

Comment

".....he's way out in front of the Howards Cam Special...and he takes it! The winner"

Comment

Indeed, more please! Great stories! ;D

Comment

One of the more Famous Events that Lundberg announced was what has become known as the "Woodstock of Drag Racing" and that was the 1965 York U.S. 30 Super Stock Nationals hosted by Super Stock Magazine, every famous door slammer in the Country was there. I actually got tired of watching and finally left for home around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning!

Comment

He was/is the man. I figured most of you savvy readers knew the SS Nationals stories so I didn't bug him with those questions.

He said that place was a mad house!
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Reading the stories was great, I heard some of them many years back during a rain delay at the MId Michigan Motorplex (aka central Michigan Dragway) and it takes me back to hangin with Dad in the 63 (not having working wipers makes you more willing to wait out rain delays ;D Funny thing is I did know who that anouser was just he was good and we were so into the storiess the rain was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix

One of the more Famous Events that Lundberg announced was what has become known as the "Woodstock of Drag Racing" and that was the 1965 York U.S. 30 Super Stock Nationals hosted by Super Stock Magazine, every famous door slammer in the Country was there. I actually got tired of watching and finally left for home around 2:00 or 3:00 in the morning!

Somebody really needs to start working on a time machine for us young bucks.

Comment

Phil, my dad used to kid me that i was at the greatest drag race of all time and didnt get to see a race. the 65 SS nats was on August 7, 1965, and I was born on sept 6, 1965 ;D
                          Reading , Pa
                          Good Guys rodders rep.
                          "putting the seat down is women's work" Archie Bunker.
                          Ban low performance drivers not high performance cars .

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                            He was/is the man. I figured most of you savvy readers knew the SS Nationals stories so I didn't bug him with those questions.

He said that place was a mad house!
                            If I remember correctly they were hoping for 3,000 to 4,000 spectators and over 20,000 showed up, something like that anyway. At one point we were standing at the very edge of the strip watching the races, of course we were invincible and indestructable back then!

Comment

Originally posted by ls7gto

Phil, my dad used to kid me that i was at the greatest drag race of all time and didnt get to see a race. the 65 SS nats was on August 7, 1965, and I was born on sept 6, 1965 ;D
                              Hi Doug - You snot nosed kid anyway!

Comment

Working...
                              X