Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: Project Sick Seconds Lives -- Titanic Showdown Set For Hot Rod Drag Week 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Project Sick Seconds Lives -- Titanic Showdown Set For Hot Rod Drag Week 2010

Originally posted by dieselgeek
    Originally posted by IRONHEAD
    yay the big money cars.. what there 100k in that thing..
    easy..
    just like every other hot rod thing , IT'S GONE PRO..
    I'd rather see them make a 10k claimer class, to see what a normal budget guys could come up with
    maybe a 5k and 10k..
    these are cool. but like a prostock. the normal car guy will never own or drive one..
    it's what killed the fastest streetcar thing hotrod did in the late 80's to early 90's..
    it priced itself out of a field to run..
    instead of larry vs this tube chassy "street car" I'd much rather see this and mike morgans popeye line up.
    One really high dollar car in drag week, is less than 1% of the number of cars that enter. lame post. check it out once before you write it off as "gone pro"

from the guy that telled everyone just how cheap a turbo install is, but can't afford one for himself..
    yup lame post..
    D/G what cars will get all the ink. just like the reg guy bracket racer, the reg guy cars at drag week will be there, but not be a factor when the ink dries.. and I'd love to go.. no vaca time and no cash, killed any vaca plans as my vacations where spent with the flu then a hospital stay..
    I can't even get enough time off to bug Brian up at the local track..

Comment

Re: BREAKING NEWS: Project Sick Seconds Lives -- Titanic Showdown Set For Hot Rod Drag Week 2010

Thinking about watching two 6-second street cars run heads up is what makes me think about skipping work and entering just to run with competition like that. Granted, if I get lucky they'll still half-track me. But I drive 20mins to race some 10-second street cars.

Comment

I don't know, there cool and all. but I'd rather see an 11 sec car ,claw,rip and work tooth and nail to get that first 10sec pass or a 10 sec car do the same looking for that first 9 use'n the same basic junk that they started with that was a mid 13sec ride.. and crawling it's way up the time slips.. that's got less in it than the chassis labor in one of these cars,, I find cooler, as it's more my speed and budget..
        being able to turn a screw to go from 9's to 6's is awesome, but just doesn't ring true to the realworld build that I'll ever afford and that most would ever be dealing with..
        my cup of tea isn't that of everyones otherwise there cars wouldn't get built..
        to each their own. I guess..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
          yay the big money cars.. what there 100k in that thing..
          easy..
          just like every other hot rod thing , IT'S GONE PRO..
          I'd rather see them make a 10k claimer class, to see what a normal budget guys could come up with
          maybe a 5k and 10k..
          these are cool. but like a prostock. the normal car guy will never own or drive one..
          it's what killed the fastest streetcar thing hotrod did in the late 80's to early 90's..
          it priced itself out of a field to run..
          instead of larry vs this tube chassy "street car" I'd much rather see this and mike morgans popeye line up.
          Dude... that's why the class is called "UNLIMITED". It's not about what's attainable for the average Joe... it's about what's possible.

There's other classes for the likes of you an' me.
          The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
          X