Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question of the Week: What's Your Most Trusty Mechanical Companion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question of the Week: What's Your Most Trusty Mechanical Companion?

Re: Question of the Week: What's Your Most Trusty Mechanical Companion?

I call it my Kodak ... just point n shoot ...LOL

But seriously, it's a Glock 30 (.45 ACP) and this thing has got me out of more jams/bad situations than I can remember. It's never failed to go bang whenever I pull the trigger, either for fun or when working. I've sent literally tens of thousands of rounds down range with this little mechanical side kick.
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I was going to say the same thing about my 629 .44 Magnum.

Comment

Ford '88 F350 diesel crew cab, dually pickup. "big Red" just keeps working. I've done nothing to the engine other than replace some injector lines the last couple of years and doing the required oil and fuel filters. A couple of clutch jobs. This guy pulls the race trailer and horse trailer on a regular basis and is flat the most reliable vehicle in the fleet.

I love this truck.

Comment

88 ford f350...
          I wonder if the frame gained what it needed after the earlier 80s. Although this question brings a pampered answer.. does it not?

the lawnmower must be all mechanical, todays junk fills the base with gas.

I have too many mechanical respectables...and they ain't pampered. maine and mechanical bragging... take a wild guess.

I could insult this whole place with my non-fairy tale 87 subaru with ten gears... but no. Lets raise that modern chinese flag of america in pride.

:
          The greatest mechanical story is my dads, but it did feed me too... a 1981 international cabover. satanically incorrect in every way except for the cummins 350... to 2 million miles...and then someone bought the engine from the decrepid frame rails and is still using it. Amazing unlikely. I could assume the engine was too big for the pansy it was mounted in, and never lost a battle.
          Previously boxer3main
          the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

NOT MUCH..
            I have a pull out kenwood radio.. the old type that you pulled the whole radio..
            bought it in '88 to put in my t/a. it's been in at least 20 cars and other than two catt. drive belts, and 4 cleanings,,
            no issues..
            only other thing is my 1/2 drive swivel head snap one ratchet. with 24" handle..
            I drove for a sub shop in hingham for 9 years.. and I was a one man pit creww,, changed more flats with that thing..
            (construction sites kill tires) and curbs (opps) firestone had an extra rim of mine at all times,, I'd call, and have tire on(spare in 2 minutes and then on to next delivery, pick up tire at end of shift and leave the killed one(road hazard was the best money spent, on 4 35 dollar tires) that 89 grand mark started with 65000 miles when I bought it. and sold it with 460000 miles and used 15 sets of tires in 7 years(last two years was in my '99 grand mark) and those 16" tires where not 35 bucks,, 160 ish, after buy'n one I was a little more carefull..
            that car only got 2 tires and one rim.. mother now drives it.. it's got 87000 on it now..
            the other tool is the lighter air pump.. 12 years old, and used a ton.. never let me down (19.oo at home depot) till I ran it over..replaced it with same but cost 24.oo now :o :D

Comment

My Milwalkee mini angle grinder. I've had it for nearly 15 years and loved the snot out of that thing. It was made before they started outsourcing the manufacture to China and smaller than any I have seen in years. A close second is its brother the Super Sawzall.

Comment

Lately it's been a Gerber multi-tool at my side. Quite a bit more handy than a firearm, lol
                www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                  Lately it's been a Gerber multi-tool at my side. Quite a bit more handy than a firearm, lol
                  I think I could drive nails with my .45 .... HA!
                  Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

My electric impact. These things are nearly indestructible. Yeah yeah, too weak for lug nuts, I know.... I use it for hanging doors, not working on city buses. One of these puppies will last a year or more on a set of brushes. Very little maintenance, very high levels of abuse.

When people ask when I started hanging doors, I tell them I was born with one of these in my hand.

The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Working...
                    X