Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Goliath Update: Piddly Projects, Plodding Progress

Re: Project Goliath Update: Piddly Projects, Plodding Progress

Good work, Brian, glad to see this big beast coming along. Are you planning to reinstall the inside duals on the rear at some point?
    Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Ab-so-LUTELY!

I just have to haul ass out to NY to get the tires that Jeremy got me a smokin' deal on. I have the wheels and stuff but all four of the rear tires are bald, bald, bald.

I'm going to mock it up this weekend just to see how bad ass it looks.

Brian
      That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

What are the body requirements of a Mass vehicle inspection? I had a friend that used a '73 Duster for his college commuter in PA, so every year before his inspection he'd have a bondo party. Not the best option, but at least you'd be able to get it registered, insured, and on the road while you save up for the sheet metal surgery.
        sigpic

Comment

Joe, I'll post some photo of the floor tonight, but this thing isn't even close to being safe to cruise in until they get fixed. One of the cab mounts is all the way through the floor! :D

Bondo is headed for the holes in the bedside. The floors need real work though.

Brian

Comment

I think it looks bigger and cooler with singles out back. Yellow rimmed of course.
            Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

With both tires under the bed, I think it is going to look bad ass, plus the giant drum brakes look kinda weird hanging out in the breeze back there.

Comment

you reminded me - your wife came out to see if you were still alive after the muffler explosion... about the same time, my camaro backfired in my shop (nice, loud metal chamber).... when I came up to the house awhile later my wife commented "oh, you're alive." I showed her your commentary on your wife's response and she opined that your wife came out because it was closer and not all the way down at the bottom of the hill :
                Doing it all wrong since 1966

Comment

That's greatness. HA! :D

Comment

State inspection? WTF is that? I'd move to somewhere where there is a bit of freedom! Screw that. A '60-'72 Pickup bench will bolt in with all holes lining up, '73-87 should be very similar and through '91 out of a Suburban or 1 ton. Looks like you missed by a few months!

Comment

I've lived in states with no annual safety inspection. There aren't words to describe the level of unsafeness in the vehicles rolling around on public roads.

Freedom is one thing, no laws are another.
                      The official Bangshift garage door guru. Just about anything can be built using garage door parts, trust me.

Comment

Originally posted by Schtauffer
                        I've lived in states with no annual safety inspection. There aren't words to describe the level of unsafeness in the vehicles rolling around on public roads.

Freedom is one thing, no laws are another.
                        I was just talking about this last weekend. In CA there are no safety inspections, just emissions and it is scary what some people drive around in. In Ely, there are neither safety inspections nor emissions. I see some rusty POS's rolling around town, particularly in winter. I don't like the "man" hassling me because I think I can police myself well enough, but at the same time there are plenty of idiots out there that can't and it's their junk that causes problems when the time is up on their ticking time bomb.
                        Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

No inspections of any kind where I live, although there is smog testing in phoenix and tucson. Even with all those "unsafe" cars driving around, seems that just about all wrecks are caused by driver error, not equipment failure.

I worry a lot more about the loose nut behind the wheel, than any other mechanical problems, on other peoples' cars.
                          My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Nice work Brian - projects like this are fun - since they can be done in stages - with some driving in between.

Better for the kiddo's to participate with than something like a frame off multiyear deal... which would also require a garage!

That seat looks entirely proper in there - now you need a saddleman burlap cover for that thing with the rifle pocket in the front of the seat bottom - perfect for stowing that big maglight, and a few tools. ;)
                            There's always something new to learn.

Comment

Working...
                            X