• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Horrific Street Racing Wreck Decapitates Staten Island Man

Re: Horrific Street Racing Wreck Decapitates Staten Island Man

You said it all .... "Street racing is bad. Period, end of story."

Comment

It's been 30 years since I lived on Staten Island.
      See the article from the local Staten Island Advance.

The NY Daily News is the equivalent of the newspapers you see at the supermarket checkout.
      Were they racing? Yes.
      There were some comments to the article that the failed NASCAR
      track on Staten Island might have had an impact on street racing by offering car control
      classes etc.

Nick

Comment

He died of natural causes... Natural to the activity he was involved in.

What a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by Turbo Regal
          He died of natural causes... Natural to the activity he was involved in.

What a waste.
          Stopped him doing it again and killing an innocent bystander.

Comment

I was born & raised in New York City. I have witnessed many a wild night of "street racing". I have seen crowds 3 deep around the railings of the famed "Connecting Highway". Ice cream & hot dog vendors, home made Christmas tree, trailered race cars and big rollers with attache' cases containing a lot of money and a pistol. Yes sometimes something bad happened. But you know, we didnt race through streets. We at least used a couple brain cells and found a place that was empty or abandonded. 100 mph on a city street, percieved driving skill and senseless youth.

Comment

Umm hmm, all activity termed "street racing" is bad and once again we have an inept young driver, leaving a party, where alcohol was consumed, driving recklessly, with a passenger (a new acquaintance who surely needed to be impressed), through busy streets with gas stations etc., in his one-week-old Honda purchase, to prove it. There oughtta be a law... ;)

Comment

don't drink and drive

Comment

the only road to race on is the "road to nowhere" near DTB's house. it was built through the national forest as access to a bridge and the bridge project was scrubbed. so its a 4 mile long paved two lane stright road with no intersections no houses. other than that ...street racing is a no go!

Comment

The guy got what he had coming.. read about this toomuch, and witnessed it myself to eb the lucky one finding the mangled body...

I am more interested in how the car held up.

how you rip in half a trnasverse machine the long way.... unless it is a ricer and a fairy tale.

the article states he had body parts lost/spearated from torso upward, more than a decapitation.

that means arms, bowels and debris spewing all for a street race in a honda no less.

stupid as his car.

Previously boxer3main
                    the death rate and fairy tales cannot kill the nature left behind.

Comment

Working...
                    X