Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking Drag Week News: Project Sick Seconds is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Breaking Drag Week News: Project Sick Seconds is Out!

Re: Breaking Drag Week News: Project Sick Seconds is Out!

Guess better in practice than on Day One :-\
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

but.. but... but... Rich guys ALWAYS win!!! I just don't understand!!

www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Being a local guy and seeing some of the cars that ProRides turns out, they do build some nice stuff... BUT there is a big difference between building SHOW cars and RACE cars....
        Still plays with trucks....

Comment

Hopefully someone will show up and make it a challenge for Larry this year, in reality even if Force were to show up, my money would still be on Larry, he's got it figured out!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek

karma, who knows..
            happens to the best of them..
            was it an alum block at least they can fix that..
            everybody thought I was crazy to spend the cash to mag my new parts..
            wonder why it failed. was it the rod or bolt..

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
              Originally posted by dieselgeek

karma, who knows..
              happens to the best of them..
              was it an alum block at least they can fix that..
              everybody thought I was crazy to spend the cast to mag my new parts..
              wonder why it failed. was it the rod or bolt..
              Maybe the tuneup. I worked on a car recently that had a "rods exiting the block" problem. Took me FOREVER to convince the owner to let me take a look at the broken parts. Yeah, aluminum rods really don't like detonation and all that splattery stuff on the top of the piston....? The poor engine builder was getting the blame, but the problem was tuning.

What's REALLY sick is, the car was being tuned by one of the employees from the manufacturer of the ECU!

It could be a lot of things that cause the rod to fail, IMO.

I hope they get it sorted out - I was there when they won DW 07, and they were very nice guys.
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by 457Brodix
                Hopefully someone will show up and make it a challenge for Larry this year, in reality even if Force were to show up, my money would still be on Larry, he's got it figured out!
                Phil, there is a dude who confirmed that he is showing up today with a car that has been 6.80s....the dark horse is on the way.
                That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                  Phil, there is a dude who confirmed that he is showing up today with a car that has been 6.80s....the dark horse is on the way.
                  Does this dude happen to drive a Nova?

Ron
                  It's really no different than trying to glue them back on after she has her way.

Comment

A Tri-5 Chevy Ron....lots of steel supposedly.
                    That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

racing is a rich dudes game

Comment

That is both a bummer and super relatable....I know from experience you can spend money in all the right places and still have shit go wrong. At the end of the day failure is ALWAYS an option for anything with moving parts....regardless of money spent to avoid such things. Spending over a year building a car for a very specific event only to have it break days/weeks before the deadline is morale crushing.
                        www.Nightmare-Motorsports.com

Comment

aluminum rods absorb the shock of detonation better ....
                          every blown quarter miler I know used alumium rods and titanium valves - just to take the pounding

Comment

Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
                            aluminum rods absorb the shock of detonation better ....
                            every blown quarter miler I know used alumium rods and titanium valves - just to take the pounding

he forgot to google first then post ;D

Comment

my buddy just blew 3 grand on 32 titanium valves
                              he used to run steel years ago and they would just fall apart

Comment

Working...
                              X