Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Breaking Drag Week News: Project Sick Seconds is Out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Breaking Drag Week News: Project Sick Seconds is Out!

that is a bbc on 60 psi of boost

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
      Originally posted by SpiderGearsMan
      aluminum rods absorb the shock of detonation better ....
      every blown quarter miler I know used alumium rods and titanium valves - just to take the pounding

he forgot to google first then post ;D
      both you clowns are living in the 70s. Quite a lot has changed since Spidey built his last hotrod (the invention of color TV and refrigerators). This doesn't require google - it simply requires experience. How many engines with aluminum rods have either of you worked on? Exactly.
      www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

me , could not afford them , I was proud to step up to heavy assed dimple rods ......does your car have aluminum rods ?
        are you an engine builder ? what side clearance do you run ? do you chamfer the crank ? what is your bearing clearance ? what do you set your oil pressure at ?
        I discuss all of stu's problems with his actual TA/D daily ...I learned a lot , but I still am not into boosted shit ..
        oh yeah , it runs in the FIVES !!! and those guys have no money [luckily no wife and kids ], stu and his brother are pretty damn smart

Comment

so, no aluminum rod experiences? get some, knock on them, and come back telling me how great they are at tolerating detonation
          www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            so, no aluminum rod experiences? get some, knock on them, and come back telling me how great they are at tolerating detonation
            one was a 427
            one was a 327
            one was a 426

Comment

was talking to Spidergearsman. Not the dude who claims he was winning Nascar races at age 9

Comment

was talking to Spidergearsman. Not the dude who claims he was winning Nascar races at age 9

wrong again google master..
                you wrote "either of you..."
                D/g's (quote)both you clowns are living in the 70s. Quite a lot has changed since Spidey built his last hotrod (the invention of color TV and refrigerators). This doesn't require google - it simply requires experience. How many engines with aluminum rods have either of you worked on? Exactly

alum metal hasnot changed it still soft and used to take the shock load instead of hammering the bearings and crank

Comment

what gets me ..is some computer hack who doesn't own a wrench , comes off as some kind of wise man status
                  but to get made fun of because some of us are in the trenches ...hmmm

yeah , everybody sucks ....EXCEPT YOU !!!

Comment

how many oil pans you ever pull off ?

Comment

I talked to ollie volpe for 3 hours once , do I get to step up ?

Comment

Watch out for Jeff Lutz in his 57 Chevy.... He might have what it takes!

Comment

No, just people who make up a bunch of lies. And occasionally the laid up auto mechanic who seems to have a menstrual cycle ;)

To address your other concerns, I've pulled off more oil pans than you think. I'm far from being "mecanically retarded" and, seriously, who gives a shit anyways? Take another pill and get back to the internet. I own *plenty* of wrenches. Now, I'm not some kind of tard who keeps 800 air tools in his chest for bragging rights, but... I seem to be doing something right. Hate on!

Comment

No, just people who make up a bunch of lies. And occasionally the laid up auto mechanic who seems to have a menstrual cycle ;)

To address your other concerns, I've pulled off more oil pans than you think. I'm far from being "mecanically retarded" and, seriously, who gives a shit anyways? Take another pill and get back to the internet. I own *plenty* of wrenches. Now, I'm not some kind of tard who keeps 800 air tools in his chest for bragging rights, but... I seem to be doing something right. Hate on!
                            seem to be doing something right. maybe, but if so. why no car to drop that cheap efi and turbo on..

even I with wife and taking care of my mother, have enough dough to piece together a car. slowly..
                            even with a (maybe) kid on the way, I'll still be able to have a car(toy) because I have it and all the big items,
                            we hate no one (at least I don't..)
                            but if everything is so darn cheap to do, the horses mouth should have no problemo, having one of his own,, no?
                            but back to the thread, anyword on what caused the mishap..

Comment

every blown quarter miler I know used alumium rods and titanium valves - just to take the pounding

now I may be wrong and am alot sooo
                              here is what we were told when we built our alky 349 aluminum rod motor
                              The rods soak up the beating the piston takes but after a while they work harden and get brittle (if I said that right?)
                              I do know my 377 with aluminum rods when I had it would run totaly different until it came up to temp but that could be anything lol

now back to the normal bitching lol ;D

Comment

Originally posted by jays67

now I may be wrong and am alot sooo
                                here is what we were told when we built our alky 349 aluminum rod motor
                                The rods soak up the beating the piston takes but after a while they work harden and get brittle (if I said that right?)
                                I do know my 377 with aluminum rods when I had it would run totaly different until it came up to temp but that could be anything lol

now back to the normal bitching lol ;D
                                yes they work harden and is why they are short lived, meaning they are changed out after so many runs, if it's needed or not..

there is a 327 with alum rods knife crank and lighten'd pistons running around here with 10k miles on them. but they are not pushed, just rev'd to the moon..
                                look at a well used piston at the pin hole under a microscope, you'll see tons of hairline crakes.. from work hard'n

Comment

Working...
                                X