Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week 2010: They've survived Day One

Re: Hot Rod Magazine's Drag Week 2010: They've survived Day One

I guess the ambulance is one of these stunts that I'm just not getting. I'm sure it garnered a good guffaw the first time everyone saw it, but I guess in my mind, why not spend your money on some other Craigslist junk that might net you less than, say, 16 seconds? That's just me, though.

There look to be a good number of Ontarians in the group this year. I met Greg Miller last year when I was chaplain with the OSCA series (www.raceosca.com) -- Greg runs the scales for the OSCA. Cool dude. And I've seen that big block K-Car at Moparfest a couple of times. Also noticed a Road Runner with Ontario plates.

Nice to see your dad hang the hoop(s), Chad! I love the way the car looks with the steelies on it, too.

Comment

Looks likeSpanky's little Thames is having fun. He runs "street " with us in ONDR...Good guy..Has had the car forever..
      He ran Cayuga last Saturday..

Go get 'em Spanky..

1939fiat
      (Rick)
      ================================================== =======

Originally posted by chryco63
      I guess the ambulance is one of these stunts that I'm just not getting. I'm sure it garnered a good guffaw the first time everyone saw it, but I guess in my mind, why not spend your money on some other Craigslist junk that might net you less than, say, 16 seconds? That's just me, though.

There look to be a good number of Ontarians in the group this year. I met Greg Miller last year when I was chaplain with the OSCA series (www.raceosca.com) -- Greg runs the scales for the OSCA. Cool dude. And I've seen that big block K-Car at Moparfest a couple of times. Also noticed a Road Runner with Ontario plates.

Nice to see your dad hang the hoop(s), Chad! I love the way the car looks with the steelies on it, too.

Comment

I guess the ambulance is one of these stunts that I'm just not getting.
        I like it! So many people cry like babies to Hot Rod after every Drag Week, I was rolling when I saw Kyle's video of it!

You see, after Drag Week is over, you find out that EVERYONE has a 9 second pump gas car that'll go 80,000 miles without maintenance.
        www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

You think DF has other stuff to do besides wrench on a car between rounds or venues? Dunno, just asking. ;) ;D
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
            I guess the ambulance is one of these stunts that I'm just not getting.
            I like it! So many people cry like babies to Hot Rod after every Drag Week, I was rolling when I saw Kyle's video of it!

You see, after Drag Week is over, you find out that EVERYONE has a 9 second pump gas car that'll go 80,000 miles without maintenance.
            Well, I'm not trying to say that I have anything better, but, as a prank, I'm not gettin' it. Maybe it would be different if I was there. Maybe it'll grow on me by the week is up. Who knows?

Originally posted by 1939fiat

Looks likeSpanky's little Thames is having fun. He runs "street " with us in ONDR...Good guy..Has had the car forever..
            He ran Cayuga last Saturday..

Go get 'em Spanky..

1939fiat
            (Rick)
            Rick, I didn't know that was an Ontarian car! Looks like he's hanging the hoops into next week!

You run with the ONDR -- do you know Hap Gooder with the '65 A990?

Comment

With Dave running 24.70 its just a good thing he didnt have the power adder on the back bumper running :D

Comment

Originally posted by dieselgeek
                [/quote]

Quote of the day right there folks!

Comment

Working...
                X