Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas Cops Hate Their New Camaro

Re: Texas Cops Hate Their New Camaro

A two door vehicle is suitable for highway patrolling with little actual arresting. But as for police or sheriffs, I can see why it'd be a pain to have to call for the paddy wagon to haul off someone.
    Escaped on a technicality.

Comment

Ridgecrest PD made the same mistake. In '02 they bought a new V8 Camaro as a public relations tool, painted it black and white and stuck a light bar on it. All the officers hated driving it and all it did was sit behind the PD and collect dust. They eventually slapped DARE stickers on it and made the DARE officer drive it, he hated it too. They finally sold it in '06 and replaced it with a Chevy HHR.
      Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Gary 351C
        Ridgecrest PD made the same mistake. In '02 they bought a new V8 Camaro as a public relations tool, painted it black and white and stuck a light bar on it. All the officers hated driving it and all it did was sit behind the PD and collect dust. They eventually slapped DARE stickers on it and made the DARE officer drive it, he hated it too. They finally sold it in '06 and replaced it with a Chevy HHR.
        I had heard that Camaro was seized in a drug bust, but they still hated it.

Comment

we have a 2002 Trans Am WS6. they love it. i always see it patroling the highway and just blasting up and down the interstate.

we also have a 2006 z06 that was confiscated from a drug dealer it is a D.A.R.E car

Comment

Originally posted by Leon
            I had heard that Camaro was seized in a drug bust, but they still hated it.
            My wife got this story from one of the officers. She was Chief Strand's secretary before we moved away.
            Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

The story I got was from the guy that did some of the paint on it, and knowing his reputation I'd be more inclined to believe your version! ;)
              Also I think they ruined the HHR when they took the old fashioned gumball off of it.

Comment

fat boys don't like the cool car

Comment

When talking to cops. The ones that don't like the Camaro's, Mustangs, or the new Chargers just say it's too small and they feel cramped with all radios and crap they haul around. They like the big trunk space and shoulder room of the Crown Vics.

Most the LA area cities, including the LAPD, now carry their riot gear on every shift since the Rodney King disaster. That big bag has to go somewhere. The big brain box for the radios is in the trunk and if the trunk isn't big, they've have no where to put their stuff.
                  BS'er formally known as Rebeldryver

Resident Instigator

sigpic

Comment

I have been seeing more and more Chargers used by police- but then they have more room and four doors.

Comment

That's ridiculous. Mullet jokes aside, those things can move. Who wouldn't want to drive an F-Body over a Crown Vic? Especially if you didn't have to pick up the tab for tires.

Comment

newark dare officer batman batmobile

Comment

another problem with the camero's is that you site on the floor. at least in the charger you have a real seat.
                          Bruce, Sanford, Fl

welcome to my world

Comment

Plus, you can't see out. It's probably pretty easy to hide from a cop in a new Camaro...duck two feet, or stand behind the c-pillar. I don't think it would've hurt anything for GM to add another inch-or-two of window in those things.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra
                              another problem with the camero's is that you site on the floor. at least in the charger you have a real seat.
                              it is spelled camaro

Comment

Working...
                              X