• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Craigslist Finds: The Donks of Memphis

Re: Craigslist Finds: The Donks of Memphis

This about sums it up for me.....

"WILL TRADE FOR SOMETHING GOOD.. NO BULLSHIT"

HA!!!
    Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

Unfortunately it's not just Southern Cities, here in East Central Illinois (Champaign/Urbana) you can't make a trip across town without seeing some pretty neat street Iron that it would take a stepladder to get in and out of. I'm talking about a 68 Cutlass, 72 Chevelle convertibles, a 65 El Camino and the list goes on! The word "Donks" pretty much sums it up!

Comment

Yea there's a guy around here with a 66 chevelle set up like that .... I'll try to get a pic
        Whiskey for my men ... and beer for their horses!

Comment

I don't really like them, but I look at it as at least they're not getting crushed. Most of those suspension kits are bolt-on's, and paint is paint. If it was bad enough to need a repaint, that's probably why it's a loud-sparkly color. Then you'd have been painting it anyway or paying someone to repaint it. And as for the rims, you can sell them like any other set of rims you don't like.

Comment

Funny......I was just in West Memphis Tuesday
            and saw many of these donks cruising down the streets
            Thom

"The object is to keep your balls on the table and knock everybody else's off..."

Comment

Peacocks have no taste.

Comment

The last time I saw one of those things I said to my wife "Hey look, the circus must be in town" :P
                Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

if i lived closer id buy the blue lesabre and put mud tires on it ;D

Comment

not for me, but to each their own. they just want to see around the soccermom in the big suv ;D
                    I like the mud tire idea. a tar without all the frame changing..

no different than the 80's and prostreet that took off only because those cars at the time where cheap and where rotted at the rear frame/trunk floor and wheelwells..
                    so out came the sawsall..
                    the want ad tuesday hunt, look a cheap nova rust in the wheel wells holy trunk and questionable rear frame rails(unitbody)
                    but it's 700.oo and we can dicker to under 500.oo and tub it..
                    ahhhhhhhhhhh the 80's

Comment

I would buy the white Caprice and cruise it, because unlike anyone on here who has a car they talk about and dont finish, those cars actually run.

Comment

Originally posted by RealSteelFreak
                        I would buy the white Caprice and cruise it, because unlike anyone on here who has a car they talk about and dont finish, those cars actually run.
                        ouch,
                        sorry roof over head is more importance than working on car, car can wait

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                          ouch,
                          sorry roof over head is more importance than working on car, car can wait
                          Indeed. In what world was his remark warranted? To a lot of us this is a hobby, not a business. That means we work on our rides when we can afford to, or whenever we damned well feel like it.

Wow.

Comment

Donks. So that's what they're called. All over the place here in Norfolk VA. Certainly keeping some wheel and tire shops in business (heck, you can even lease rim/tire packages ??? ).
                            Michael from Hampton Roads

Comment

Just a comment , I can say what I like on here as well as you as long as it fits within the Moderators guidelines. A lot of people want to yak about how they would do this or that and their way is the only way , but truth be known money or not they are not gonna get it done anyway. This comment or the previous comment isnt pointed to any one person, but just a general comment. Dont like it, go change your diaper. Thanks ;)

Comment

Working...
                              X