Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sad News: Lenny Woods, California Ford Dealer, Son of Drag Racing Legend Tim Woods Found Dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sad News: Lenny Woods, California Ford Dealer, Son of Drag Racing Legend Tim Woods Found Dead

Re: Sad News: Lenny Woods, California Ford Dealer, Son of Drag Racing Legend Tim Woods Found Dead

Really sad story. Good guy.

I live 2 miles down the same street as the dealership. They had closed the place a few months back, and since then it's been in this strange limbo sort of state- sparse inventory still parked on the lot, some lights on in the building, as if they expected to fire the thing back up at some point.

He ran a good, old fashioned neighborhood sort of store in an era of massive auto centers, and internet pricing and whatnot. It had to be tough even when times were good. They had big saturday promotional sorts of things, balloons for the kids, etc.

Sorry to hear this.

Comment

Re: Sad News: Lenny Woods, California Ford Dealer, Son of Drag Racing Legend Tim Woods Found Dead

I also live in Chino Hills not far from the dealership. Lenny was a great guy. I bought cars from him over the years and doing biz with him (and it was him) was not like biz with most dealers. When I first met Lenny it was due to racing as he saw my Bonneville 200 mph shirt. This conversation led to a mutual friend Mike Cook, Doug's son, who was the driver of the Stone, Woods, & Cook Gasser's. And from there we go in to the dealership whenever it was time for a new ride.
      He (Lenny) went to the city over a year ago asking for a temporary tax break until the economy picked back up. They told him to pound sand. Then he had to close the dealership, now this. I'm heart broken. :'(
      There are very few people in this world who's opinion I value, you are not one of them.

300 in 1999

Comment

rip len woods

Comment

Working...
        X