Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Project Goliath Update: New Firestone Rubber Arrives

Re: Project Goliath Update: New Firestone Rubber Arrives

I don't know if you're aware, but Firestone is owned (since 1988) by Bridgestone, Kabushiki-gaisha Burijisuton?) (TYO: 5108, OTCBB: BRDCY) is a multinational rubber conglomerate founded in 1931 by Shojiro Ishibashi in the city of Kurume, Fukuoka, Japan. The name Bridgestone comes from a calque translation and transposition of ishibashi, meaning "stone bridge" in Japanese. Firestone has less than 6 tire plants left in the US, and its very likely those tires were made in Japan or China.

Comment

Hi,
      If you wanted some cool commercial truck tires check out Michelins new super single style of tire, designed to replace a traditional tandem. These things are a foot and a half wide.

Rick

Comment

Class: Reading between the lines 101

(Brian got the hook up from Firestone Commercial Truck Tires, and accordingly is doing the proper thing by giving them some recognition. I am sure he knows that a lot of formerly domestic tire nameplates are now made overseas, just like about everything else that was once produced here is now produced elsewhere but still marketed with a familiar brand)

Comment

Originally posted by Super Sport
          Class: Reading between the lines 101

(Brian got the hook up from Firestone Commercial Truck Tires, and accordingly is doing the proper thing by giving them some recognition. I am sure he knows that a lot of formerly domestic tire nameplates are now made overseas, just like about everything else that was once produced here is now produced elsewhere but still marketed with a familiar brand)

I believe we have a winner! ;D
          I R Bob
          You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning!
          2007 LH, 2008 LH, 2009 LH, 2010 LH, 2011 LH, 2012 DNF/BLOW'D UP, 2013 LH, 2014 LH

Comment

Maybe I worded it wrong, I was just responding to the line ; 'Ol' Goliath is about as American as they come from top to bottom'

Comment

Josh rules and so does Firestone.

I run Firestones on my '66 Wagon and we ran Firestone slicks forever until they sold to Phoenix. They were great tires and we wish we could still get them with the Stones name on the side.

Big thanks to Firestone and Josh for hooking us up with a killer deal!
              "A cross thread is better than a lock washer." Earl Lanning...My Grandpa

Comment

THe only Firestones I have....gettin a bit old too. They're stored indoors.

My fabulous web page

"If it don't go, chrome it!" --Stroker McGurk

Comment

Working...
                X