• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screaming Tank Video: A British Chieftain Tank Bounces Off the Red Line

Re: Screaming Tank Video: A British Chieftain Tank Bounces Off the Red Line

i love the sound of big 2-strokes.

Comment

This guy that does the car crushing lives and operates his tanks five minutes drive from my house. Often see him driving around here in his Scorpion tracked armoured carrier. He drives down to our town in his ex USAF Hummer in Desert Storm colours. Also he has a "Tank Limo" (stretched personnel carrier) which is used for Proms. Checkout his website www.tanksalot.com

Comment

I'm the guy who filmed this video and I'd like to explain to you what actually happened.
        It seems that the engine air intakes sucked in a load of oil and water from the engine compartment. Being a multi fuel engine it was happy to run on this, by-passing all the controls! Much of that smoke is in fact steam from the injected water, fortunately it only melted the injectors - it could have been much worse. The only steam driven Chieftain Tank in the world!? Well that's the downside of an engine that runs on anything. We often run them on contam, that is gasoline/diesel mix from those unfortunate people who put gas in their diesel car or visa versa (we haven't tried cat pee though). We also have 20 to 30 FV432 personnel carriers (like the M113) with Rolls Royce multi fuel engines, also 2 stoke opposed piston engines. The two Centurion tanks we have use the Meteor V12 petrol engine which is a de-rated version of the Rolls Royce Merlin of WW2 Spitfire fame. Anyone fancy a drive? Come and see us!

Comment

Working...
        X