• Not a Joke: VW Talking With Penske on Potential NASCAR Involvement

Re: Not a Joke: VW Talking With Penske on Potential NASCAR Involvement

it'll be like thr 78 daytona.
    only the fights will be in the stands..
    "you got beer on my silk shirt"
    rednecks reply"pooow, lights out.. "

Comment

Deadhead meets Redneck...... in the NAME game ala BENNIFER or TOMKAT... does this make a DEADNECK? or a REDHEAD? Anyway...I say let em have it...VW already has the W8. Or will the Audi R8 V8 be used... only time will tell.
      [/SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"LIFE is a Two-Way Street. If you can't handle the traffic; stay in the garage."

Comment

Herbie! Nooooooooo.......*crunch*.

;D
        Editor-at-Large at...well, here, of course!

"Remy-Z, you've outdone yourself again, I thought a Mirada was the icing on the cake of rodding, but this Imperial is the spread of little 99-cent candy letters spelling out "EAT ME" on top of that cake."

Comment

Originally posted by Remy-Z
          Herbie! Nooooooooo.......*crunch*.

;D
          I can see it now. an off centered stripe and a 52

Comment

you got a link to the motortrend story..
            all quite at the penske garage..
            they'd like to read it

Comment

If you think that's bad, wait until you guys hear who's EFI systems NASCAR is gonna require.

By bye Mr. Distributor! :o
              www.realtuners.com - catch the RealTuners Radio Podcast on Youtube, Facebook, iTunes, and anywhere else podcasts are distributed!

Comment

THIS JUST IN: hot off the press, courtesy of Tom Jensen over @ Speed.com.

"Penske Racing will not be switching from Dodges to Volkswagens in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series next year, nor will the German automaker be fielding cars in America?s premier stock-car series in 2011.

Beyond that, though, VW could make a play to race stock cars. The operant word there being ?could,? as the automaker has not petitioned NASCAR to go racing next year.

Volkswagen is the midst of completing a merger that will put German automakers VW, Porsche and Audi brands under one ownership structure, along with Skoda, Bentley and other European brands.

Porsche new CEO Matthias M?ller said during this week?s Paris Auto Show that Volkswagen, which is merging with Porsche, is ?seriously considering,? joining Toyota as the only automakers based outside the United States to compete in NASCAR. A subsequent report on MotorTrend.com said, ?One of the owners that Volkswagen is considering team up with is Roger Penske, who is currently associated with Dodge and has a history of success in the stock car series.?

That report appears to be premature.

Sources at Penske Racing told SPEED.com that it is the team?s ?full intent? to continue fielding Dodges next year in the NASCAR Sprint Cup and NASCAR Nationwide Series.

Furthermore, sources at NASCAR said that while Volkswagen officials intermittently have expressed a casual ?interest in NASCAR,? the German automaker has not taken any of the steps necessary to be granted approval to race in NASCAR.

In order to be approved to compete, VW or any other automaker would have to formally submit its race car and engine package to NASCAR. That has not happened, NASCAR officials told SPEED.com Thursday. And even if VW wanted to race in NASCAR, the earliest a car could be approved would be for the 2012 season.

On top of that, And sources familiar with the German automakers said that while VW, Porsche and Audi all have ambitious motorsports agendas in the United States, the pending merger has dramatically slowed new initiatives, at least temporarily."

You're welcome!

Comment

Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                  they'd like to read it

When you read the story, the link to the source is always at the bottom.
                  That which you manifest is before you.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Lohnes
                    Originally posted by IRONHEAD
                    they'd like to read it

When you read the story, the link to the source is always at the bottom.
                    my nortons 360 blocked it..

Comment

'headlight decal' says it all

Comment

Due to lack of interest, the future of NASCAR will be canceled

Comment

Originally posted by Shaff76
                          Now that I'll believe! ;D
                          Just groovin' to my own tune.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaff76
                            Great post :D.
                            "Somewhere the zebra is dancing". Garth Stein's The art of racing in the rain.

Matt

Comment

When I first read the headline, I thought there must be a new "Herbie the Love Bug" movie coming out!

Then I realized that Dean Jones is too old and Lindsey Lohan is in jail.

Comment

Working...
                              X